Are you passionate about driving change in Financial Crime Compliance? Can you translate policies into easy to understand requirements for our colleagues? Are you keen to utilise your Financial Crime knowledge to make a real contribution towards your company’s development? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As a Financial Crime Policy & Change Manager, you will provide Financial Crime advice and guidance to Change (product and business) initiatives being run across the Bank to make sure they are compliant with the bank’s Financial Crime policies and appetite. You will play a key role as a subject matter expert for stakeholders in providing expertise and insight and in the development and maintenance of the Financial Crime controls.
So what would you be doing?...
• Reviewing propositions and initiatives and providing advice and guidance to make sure these are designed in line with policy• Identifying gaps in policy and standards relating to Financial Crime, liaising with the business to remediate gaps accordingly• Providing Financial Crime support and advice to colleagues at all levels across Metro Bank on strategic initiatives• Participating in regular working groups and workshop as required to progress Financial Crime change activities• Making sure that Financial Crime activities are undertaken within the teams SLA
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders• Naturally, you will have experience of defining and delivering Financial Crime change in similar organisations• It goes without saying that you will have knowledge of the regulatory and legislative requirements for the financial crime disciplines AML/CTF, sanctions, ABC and tax evasion• Experience of building strong relationships with peers across an organisation to support and implement Financial Crime controls• Naturally, you would have strong analytical skills• Previously you will have worked in a second line advisory Financial Crime position with Financial Crime tools and solutions• An industry recognised qualification in Financial Crime e.g. ICA Financial Crime/AML Diploma would be great but is not essential.
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!
What makes Metro Bank unique? The answer’s simple. It’s our people. We put 100% into supporting our colleagues in reaching their full potential. And because each of our stores is deeply rooted in the community it serves, colleagues have a strong understanding of the needs and ambitions of the customers and businesses in their neighbourhood.
There's a big focus on investing in colleagues here. Whether it's through the mentoring programme, training courses at Metro Bank University or just managers taking the time to really understand the direction that people want to progress in – the opportunities are endless. We want colleagues to feel nurtured and supported.
We want colleagues to bring their whole personality to work – not leave their best bits at the door. Our store and contact centre colleagues are driven by providing outstanding service, not sales targets. What we do have are outstanding career opportunities and a flexible, diverse and vibrant environment. We take what we do seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We want Metro Bank to be an amazing place to work because that attracts the best people, which means happy customers and colleagues.
Our success is down to our colleagues and we want everyone to be able to share in that success. All our colleagues receive share options, meaning everyone can personally benefit from the bank’s growth and achievements -from the front line colleagues in store to backroom colleagues keeping things running smoothly.
We think everyone should feel comfortable and be the very best they can, so we have colleague-led groups there to help make that happen, from Women on Work to support our female colleagues, to M Pride, our inclusive-LGBT network, set-up to enable our colleagues to celebrate and promote inclusion.
We’ve built a different kind of high street bank. A bank with stores that are open when it suits you, 7 days a week. A bank where you can walk in without an appointment and walk out with a working account, debit card and all. A bank that tells you exactly what you’re getting, in language that actually makes sense. A bank that puts you first.
Metro Bank first opened its doors in the summer of 2010, the first high street bank to open in the UK in over 100 years.
Every store is open 7 days a week, and from 8am–8pm on weekdays. No need to book an appointment, just walk in at a time that is right for you.
We keep our products simple and we do the same for our rates and charges, so you’ll always know exactly what you’re getting. No more nasty surprises in the small print.
Kids matter at Metro Bank. Every year we help thousands of children take their first steps with money. We encourage them to save and count their coins using our Magic Money Machines and learn about budgeting with our financial education programme.