We’re looking for a talented web developer who cares about accessibility to join our design team and own all of our web-based features and presence.
At Monzo we’re working to build the best current account in the world. A product that’s fair, transparent and a pleasure to use. We see ourselves as something more than a typical current account: we’re setting out to solve all the problems that exist around your financial life in a coherent, meaningful and delightful way.
You’d be the first engineer within our design team. Design at Monzo is a horizontal team that owns how Monzo looks and works - from the hot coral Monzo cards to our website, our apps to our email newsletters.
You’ll own our website and web-based product features. This includes our website at monzo.com, our blog, our careers pages, mobile web views, product features like monzo.me and our email newsletters. As well as a passion for accessibility and inclusivity, you’ll need a strong understanding of design principles, and the tradeoffs involved when making design decisions.
You’ll spend your time:
- making sure our public web properties are as beautiful and easy to use as our mobile applications
- implementing web accessibility and responsive design best practices across every Monzo touchpoint on the internet
- building from scratch the style guide that will enable Monzo design to evolve into a scalable set of patterns and components, beautiful and easy to reuse
- creating delightful, clean, responsive emails
- shaping the direction of our public web stack and improving its self-service capabilities
- supporting teams across the company (marketing, hiring, lending) whenever there is a need for some self-contained web work
You should apply if:
- You have some professional experience working as a web developer, ideally in a fast-paced environment
- You're passionate about web technologies, intuitive clean design, and great user experience
- You're detail oriented and enjoy turning mockups into pixel-perfect responsive web versions of the same design
- You're comfortable with responsive design; web accessibility; CSS module systems and pattern libraries
- You have explored static page generators like Jekyll or Hugo, and SPA Frameworks such as React, Ember, Angular or others.
Bonus points for experience or keen interest in: web performance optimisation, web security, SEO and Web Analytics.