algbra is a financial ecosystem dedicated to balancing the equation. Leveraging state-of-the-art technology, working with tier one partners and operating within a UK regulatory framework algbra is building the foundation for global financial inclusion and socioeconomic development.
Combining grass roots understanding with global expertise, algbra is built to create an ecosystem that fits with the everyday financing needs of ethically-minded consumers, offering products and services that comply with the ethical principles - transparency, fairness and sustainability.
The role offers a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing corporate, working closely with the CEO & COO in a highly mission-driven team where you’ll have the ability to make a significant impact both in the company and in the world.
• Manage day-to-day company accounts including accounts payable & receivable, bank reconciliations, recording of all transactions in the accounting system, payroll processing and compliance, tax, reporting, regulatory filings and treasury
• Oversee budget forecasting and cash flow management and assist with financial planning
• Prepare monthly management accounts, investor reporting packages and audited financial statements
• Research and monitor changes in the accounting framework and produce reports on your findings and the expected impact to the business
• Proactively refine and implement processes, internal controls and compliance to adapt to our rapidly growing business
• Prepare and maintain the investor ready data room for due diligence purposes, working with the business to instill a due diligence ready mindset
• Advise and lead on taxation matters, including R&D tax credit claims preparation, in coordination with external tax advisors
• Store and manage statutory records of the company to ensure compliance with tax matters
• Maintain the company’s corporate documents including the register of members and directors
• Manage the company’s employee benefit trust, including all regulatory compliance
Preferred Skills & Experience
• Professional accounting qualification (ideally ACA or ACCA)
• At least 5 years’ experience in a related role, whether in a professional services firm or in-house
• Past experience as a Financial Controller or Finance Manager in Banking/Fintech or Start-up
• Experience of managing and reporting across multiple geographies, building and crucially integrating systems to support international expansion
• Advanced financial modelling skills and experience, with the ability to build complex business models, including scenarios modelling and analysis
• Advanced analytical skills and experience, with the ability of analysing financial performance for new expenditure/projects
• Exceptional communication skills capable of presenting to a variety of audiences, managing key stakeholders and external relationships
• Excitement for working rapidly-changing environment and building new things
• Highly organised, with good attention to detail
• Knowledge and experience in using accounting software such as Xero, Quickbooks, etc.
Start Date: Part time, to start ASAP
More than banking, algbra offers a financial ecosystem that fits with all of your every-day financing needs. Whether you need better day to day banking with greater transparency, to safeguard your family’s financial future or a way to own your home, algbra will be the gateway.
For too long, the financial services industry has not considered the tail effect it has on economies and people. At algbra positive impact is at the heart of everything we do.