We are looking for a talented contact centre Manager who will display outstanding qualities that are in keeping with our values of providing genuinely professional and amazing customer service. Your focus will be on effective teamwork, professional management and inspirational leadership.
Right from the start, we'll give you full training and great support, and as a minimum you will need to have a proven track record at supervisory level, within a contact centre environment.
In return we will make sure that you're well rewarded, with a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance, non-contributory pension scheme, and bonus scheme.
This is what the job will involve:
• Leading a team who will deliver amazing customer service every day
• Be responsible for the full operational running of the site
• Maintaining and exceeding service standards and call quality
• Own the environment and culture within your site
• Work closely with the performance team ensuring 100% quality and delivery of performance coaching
• Be a point of referral to assist with any customer issues or bump ups from colleagues
• Manage a team of assistant managers and oversee management of entire site
• Manage the performance, coaching, development and feedback for Team Managers and Quality Coaches. Creating great relationships and ensuring continuous improvement
You need to be this kind of person….
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• To be successful in this role you will have extensive management experience and able to deliver inspirational leadership
• You would of worked in a contact centre environment
• Knowledge of HR policies and procedures will support the leadership and management of your teams
• The Risk & Compliance part of the role has to be fully embedded in your knowledge so you create an environment that minimizes any risk to our customers
• Be 100% flexible to work a variety of shift patterns over the 7 days Metro Bank are open (including Saturdays and Sundays)
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates. Good luck!
What makes Metro Bank unique? The answer’s simple. It’s our people. We put 100% into supporting our colleagues in reaching their full potential. And because each of our stores is deeply rooted in the community it serves, colleagues have a strong understanding of the needs and ambitions of the customers and businesses in their neighbourhood.
There's a big focus on investing in colleagues here. Whether it's through the mentoring programme, training courses at Metro Bank University or just managers taking the time to really understand the direction that people want to progress in – the opportunities are endless. We want colleagues to feel nurtured and supported.
We want colleagues to bring their whole personality to work – not leave their best bits at the door. Our store and contact centre colleagues are driven by providing outstanding service, not sales targets. What we do have are outstanding career opportunities and a flexible, diverse and vibrant environment. We take what we do seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We want Metro Bank to be an amazing place to work because that attracts the best people, which means happy customers and colleagues.
Our success is down to our colleagues and we want everyone to be able to share in that success. All our colleagues receive share options, meaning everyone can personally benefit from the bank’s growth and achievements -from the front line colleagues in store to backroom colleagues keeping things running smoothly.
We think everyone should feel comfortable and be the very best they can, so we have colleague-led groups there to help make that happen, from Women on Work to support our female colleagues, to M Pride, our inclusive-LGBT network, set-up to enable our colleagues to celebrate and promote inclusion.
We’ve built a different kind of high street bank. A bank with stores that are open when it suits you, 7 days a week. A bank where you can walk in without an appointment and walk out with a working account, debit card and all. A bank that tells you exactly what you’re getting, in language that actually makes sense. A bank that puts you first.
Metro Bank first opened its doors in the summer of 2010, the first high street bank to open in the UK in over 100 years.
Every store is open 7 days a week, and from 8am–8pm on weekdays. No need to book an appointment, just walk in at a time that is right for you.
We keep our products simple and we do the same for our rates and charges, so you’ll always know exactly what you’re getting. No more nasty surprises in the small print.
Kids matter at Metro Bank. Every year we help thousands of children take their first steps with money. We encourage them to save and count their coins using our Magic Money Machines and learn about budgeting with our financial education programme.