Are you a highly commercial IT supplier manager? Do you thrive on building relationships with suppliers and developing long term category plans? Would you love to be part of the British banking revolution? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
We are currently looking for a Supplier Commercial Managers focused on Data Centre & Networks, IT Security and IT End User Services. As a Supplier Commercial Manager, you will own Metro Bank’s relationship with key suppliers, developing long term strategies to maximise commercial opportunities and encourage innovation. You will be working as part of our rapidly expanding Procurement and Supplier Commercial team, and will have full responsibility for supplier costs, contract lifecycle management and planning.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working and you will work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19.
So what would you be doing?...
• Acting as Metro Bank’s commercial relationship lead with key technology suppliers with a focus on Data Centre & Networks, IT Security and IT End User Services
• Developing detailed supplier budgets in consultation with senior management
• Forecasting, tracking and managing contract spend, and developing a deep understanding of supplier cost drivers and opportunities
• Running regular commercial reviews with suppliers & identifying opportunities for commercial improvement
• Commercially managing the post-contract supplier relationship, and working closely with Procurement at key lifecycle points including take-on, renewal and exit
• Working closely with the Supplier Risk & Assurance team to make sure vendors controls are in place
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• Naturally, you will already have in-depth experience working in Commercial Supplier Management or another similar role such as Category Management or Contracts Management
• The ability to build relationships to get the best out of suppliers – and an understanding of the Technology vendor landscape, ideally in Financial Services
• In order to excel in this role, you will be able to demonstrate a track record in managing a range of contracts, ideally with experience across several areas of IT
• We would be really excited if you could showcase your ability in working with a variety of different and complex commercial models
• You will be comfortable communicating with key colleagues, up to executive level
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates. Good luck!
What makes Metro Bank unique? The answer’s simple. It’s our people. We put 100% into supporting our colleagues in reaching their full potential. And because each of our stores is deeply rooted in the community it serves, colleagues have a strong understanding of the needs and ambitions of the customers and businesses in their neighbourhood.
There's a big focus on investing in colleagues here. Whether it's through the mentoring programme, training courses at Metro Bank University or just managers taking the time to really understand the direction that people want to progress in – the opportunities are endless. We want colleagues to feel nurtured and supported.
We want colleagues to bring their whole personality to work – not leave their best bits at the door. Our store and contact centre colleagues are driven by providing outstanding service, not sales targets. What we do have are outstanding career opportunities and a flexible, diverse and vibrant environment. We take what we do seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We want Metro Bank to be an amazing place to work because that attracts the best people, which means happy customers and colleagues.
Our success is down to our colleagues and we want everyone to be able to share in that success. All our colleagues receive share options, meaning everyone can personally benefit from the bank’s growth and achievements -from the front line colleagues in store to backroom colleagues keeping things running smoothly.
We think everyone should feel comfortable and be the very best they can, so we have colleague-led groups there to help make that happen, from Women on Work to support our female colleagues, to M Pride, our inclusive-LGBT network, set-up to enable our colleagues to celebrate and promote inclusion.
We’ve built a different kind of high street bank. A bank with stores that are open when it suits you, 7 days a week. A bank where you can walk in without an appointment and walk out with a working account, debit card and all. A bank that tells you exactly what you’re getting, in language that actually makes sense. A bank that puts you first.
Metro Bank first opened its doors in the summer of 2010, the first high street bank to open in the UK in over 100 years.
Every store is open 7 days a week, and from 8am–8pm on weekdays. No need to book an appointment, just walk in at a time that is right for you.
We keep our products simple and we do the same for our rates and charges, so you’ll always know exactly what you’re getting. No more nasty surprises in the small print.
Kids matter at Metro Bank. Every year we help thousands of children take their first steps with money. We encourage them to save and count their coins using our Magic Money Machines and learn about budgeting with our financial education programme.