Deutsche Knowledge Services (DKS) operates as a shared service center for Finance, Global Business Services and IT. A wholly owned subsidiary* of the Deutsche Bank Group, operating out of the Phillipinnes, DKS provides accounting, reporting, profit and loss, cost, reconciliation, MIS, risk control, information technology and operations services (including confirmations and settlements) to internal businesses worldwide.
The Risk Close and Analysis group provides quality assured, and timely Finance relevant Risk information and analysis to key stakeholders in a transparent and controlled manner covering the end to end processes for all relevant metrics in an efficient and regulatory compliant way.
This role is for the Global Risk Data Control group and the operating model of Risk Data Control is made up of a number of teams across multiple locations covering all main regions of Group Finance. Each region has production and control teams in the cost effective locations of Manila or Pune, and is coordinated by regional leads within the onshore relationship management teams in London/New York/Frankfurt
The Risk Data Control group are responsible for -
• Processing of all relevant feeds and required adjustments to positions in the strategic systems so that data flow to the Regulatory reporting systems is of good quality
• This data includes transactions, collateral and facilities for regulatory reporting purposes from core strategic source systems and non strategic sources (manual feeds) for all asset classes and business areas contributing to the monthly process.
• Processing of all relevant data sets from the risk feeds, branch ledger and sub ledgers required to perform the reconciliations for all asset classes and business areas required within the monthly process
• Production of the reconciliations in line with control checks and the posted balance sheet using the platforms developed
• Distribution of detailed break templates to respective contacts in product control, gathering commentary and working with stakeholders to understand root causes and resolve breaks
Role Responsibilities and Tasks
• Be the Subject Matter Expert for risk data control processes handled including feeds processing, cres versus financial reconciliation, counterparty mapping process, etc
• Ensure data loaded to the group regulatory reporting systems is complete, accurate, validated and mapped to key reference data systems for the purposes of group regulatory reporting
• Perform and update supervisory QA checks per SLA on services delivered by the team
• Perform production processes as needed during unscheduled leaves, stabilization of processes during platform changes and other Business Continuity Plan (BCP) scenarios
• Be the first point of escalation for team issues
• Coordinate and escalate outstanding issues to Team Lead and Operations Manager and support teams as needed, monitor progress of its resolution and implementation
• Support Team Lead in the conduct post-mortem team meetings to review performance metrics, identify key issues, propose and drive action plans to resolve or mitigate said issues
• Ensure proper load balance amongst team members; monitor OT levels and escalate any capacity issues to the Team Lead (consider capacity, capability management and risk).
• Conduct regular review for updates made to process documentation
• Ensure and assist team resiliency thru cross-trainings and backups
• Review MIS pack production/distribution and trend analysis and associated reports for key stakeholders around key process indicators, monthly submissions and the aforementioned data quality. Ongoing KPI monitoring and MIS review/analysis.
• Feedback on performance objectives and individual performance versus DB standards for performance of resources
• Support CTB projects and initiatives
• Liaise with change teams for a ‘remediation’ book of work based on diagnostics performed around data quality issues and processes
• Coordinate with project team to drive completion of Book of Work and initiatives to improve existing processes, controls, and outputs
• Ensure proper audit engagement and coordination
• Provides support to Team Lead on talent resourcing, succession planning trainings, and development
• Minimum 5 years experience in Banking Operations, Business Process Reengineering, Project or Change management, Audit or Finance Industry. Has held a supervisory position for a minimum of 2 years.
• Intermediate understanding of banking products (Debt, Equities and Derivatives) with working knowledge of Global Markets Financial products
• Working knowledge of Credit Risk Management (Basel requirements, regulatory guidelines related to credit risk)
• Advance skills in MS Applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Access). Working knowledge of SQL’s a plus.
• Solid reconciliation experience with strong quantitative analysis skills
• Solid experience in process changes and change initiatives
• Strong stakeholder management skills/able to manage diverse stakeholders and onshore clients
• Has excellent work ethics and organizational skills coupled with the ability to handle multiple assignments
• Able to work in fast-paced environment and keep pace with technical and operational innovation
• Able to share information, transfer knowledge and expertise to team members including conduct of trainings as needed
• Has excellent work ethic and organizational skills and is able to work with different cultures and across different geographic locations.
• Bachelors Degree in Finance related courses ( e.g. Accountancy, Business, Economics and Banking &Finance) or Computer Sciences & Information Technology.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.