Fixico is looking for a quality and result-driven PHP Developer to join our fast growing development team. For this role we look for a talented and adaptable PHP developer to help further build our platform. You’ll get the rare opportunity to build many interesting applications and integrations with a lot of room for your own creativity.
Our company has an incredible product which was born out of frustration in 2013. Today we are known by our customers for being easy to use, transparent and for saving them a lot of time and money. Fixico is growing really fast, soon to be the biggest car repair platform in Europe.
Working at Fixico means you’ll take on the unique opportunity of interfacing with many different stakeholders around the company in order to build full stack applications with an array of exciting technologies. At Fixico we use some of the newest languages and frameworks such as Laravel, Express, Golang and Node.js. We can continuously deploy our Dockerized apps on Kubernetes via our CI pipeline.
We moved from a monolithic approach to microservices. This allowed us to scale in many different directions and help us grow faster. You will also be part of this as our new PHP Developer.
If you execute like an entrepreneur, are a team player who loves to take ownership over projects, enjoy building full stack applications from the ground up and like to work with the newest technologies, this is the perfect job for you!
What you’ll be doing:
· Building new and extending the API.
· Building new and extending integrations with other tools and our partners.
· Building new and extending our microservices.
· Optimizing and improving automated processes.
· Act as a key-person between business requests and the technical approach.
· Act as a key-person for several projects which you’ll be taking ownership over.
· Recommend appropriate technologies to implement new features.
· At least a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineer or similar.
· 1-2 years of practical working experience as a developer.
· Ability to take ownership and responsibility of projects.
· Expert knowledge of PHP (>=5.6.0).
· Excellent knowledge of Laravel (>=5.0.0).
· Excellent knowledge of Git (we use GitHub).
· Excellent knowledge of developing and implementing API’s.
· Excellent knowledge of Domain-drive Design.
· Excellent knowledge of the SOLID principles.
· Experience with infrastructure (DevOps) is a plus.
· Excellent verbal and written communication in English language (Dutch is a plus).
· The rare opportunity to build a world leading platform
· Extremely driven, optimistic and smart engineers
· High level of transparency
· Tons of experimentation, and a very fast moving environment
· An office overlooking the Rijksmuseum in the heart of Amsterdam
· Competitive salary
· A young, talented and extremely driven team
· A great lunch prepared for you everyday
· The occasional Fixico ‘’Hackathon”
· Be part of an up-thriving company and brand from the early days.
Fixico was founded in 2014 with the mission to crack the black box of car repair. We are reshaping the traditional car repair industry by creating transparency as means to reduce damage costs, claim cycle times and consequently customer satisfaction. Our online platform is used by international insurers, car and fleet-owners to quickly obtain, compare and select the best solution for cosmetic car damage repair. Every month we enable thousands of car owners and decision makers to get price transparency and access to all relevant repair shop information such as the different service levels, repair techniques, warranty and user reviews. Fixico is currently live in the Netherlands & (part of) Germany and helped more than 75.000 clients with their car repair problem. We operate a network of 650+ high quality repair shops that place offers through a closed bidding system. By utilising repair shop workload in an innovative manner Fixico enables their clients to save significant amounts of time and up to 45% on total claim costs. We at Fixico are passionate, innovative, want to move fast and break things. With our team we aim for the best, challenge the status quo and enjoy growing Fixico every single day.