To strengthen our office in Lithuania, we are looking for two people who are up for a challenge as Data Engineer. In our fast growing office in Lithuania, our Data Engineer stands at the core of a transformation in the global real estate market. To make this transformation happen, we need data. And a lot of it! The data pipeline at GeoPhy starts with you as you will search and gather the necessary information regarding real estate objects and real estate investment funds.
One of our new Data Engineers will be dedicated to automated data extraction while the other will be focusing on collecting data related to environmental, social and governance issues in real estate investment funds. In both positions you will transform this raw data into structured files which can be uploaded to our semantic database, making sure our clients have access to the right information to base their financial decisions upon. You will be enabling GeoPhy to become more sophisticated in its approach to manage large data streams, while at the same time enjoying a flat company structure and a competitive salary within a start-up setting where freedom, responsibility and above all growth is celebrated! We are a lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately! Up for the challenge? Come work with us!
- Identifying reliable data sources, especially with regard to ESG data.
- Automating manual tasks by ways of PDF harvesting, scraping and other tools.
- Creating data files and processing them through custom programs.
- Reviewing data to assure its quality, resolve discrepancies and enhance incomplete datasets.
- Maintenance of archive files.
- Document the workflow of data collection.
- Partner up with team members around the globe to identify new opportunities.
- Contribute to maintaining the great atmosphere in our office.
- University degree (preferably with a background in computer science, economics or mathematics).
- Excel skills.
- Knowledge of the programming languages Python and/or R, and ETL processes.
- Full working proficiency in English and an international mindset.
- Eye for detail and highly organized; at least a semi-perfectionist.
- Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources.
- Highly adaptive and flexible in order to keep up in a fast-changing environment.
- Sense of humor and taking initiative to organize our Friday drinks every now and then.
Bonus Points For:
- Previous start-up experience.
- An understanding of the (global) real estate market.
- Additional language(s)
In a world demanding ever greater transparency, property investment remains incredibly opaque. GeoPhy was founded to change just that. We aim to become the independent global source for information and analysis for everyone with financial exposure to real estate. “In God we trust. Everyone else, bring data!” - Bloomberg
First launched in the Netherlands as ‘OfficeRank’ in 2014, GeoPhy now focuses on the global property market. Co-founded by Teun van den Dries (CEO) and Sander Mulders (CTO), the management team combines strong entrepreneurial, technology, architecture and engineering expertise.