Why would you want to work for NIBC’s Industrial & Manufacturing team?
On the back of extensive sector knowledge we have built a long-standing track record in an ever changing industrial landscape. Out of our offices in The Hague and Frankfurt we provide medium to large industrial clients with debt financing, strategic M&A advice and equity / mezzanine solutions to help grow their business and exploit new market opportunities in the Benelux and Germany.
NIBC has built a unique position in being the bank for entrepreneurs. Our core is on ‘strategic situations’ for our clients. You are involved in the financing of mergers and acquisitions, major capital expenditures, shareholder restructurings and other complex structured finance situations.
Transactions which typically have elevated complexity requiring tailor-made solutions. Our core clients are entrepreneurial, family owned companies with an enterprise value in the range of EUR 50 to EUR 500 million. Our target deals include growth financing, structured financing, re-capitalization and public-to-private transactions, in which we arrange and provide the debt instruments. This Internship is the perfect opportunity to learn more about Corporate Lending within a bank organization.
What will you do?
By being actively involved in the day-to-day operations, you will quickly gain insights in a broad range of different transactions and financing structures while at the same time you will get to know the Industrials & Manufacturing client base.
As from day one you are an important part of the Industrials team, as we only work in small client focused teams. You are assisting in securing mandates, execution of transactions, and the day-to-day management of the existing loan portfolio. Hence you will see a large number of transactions across different sectors.
• Assisting on pitching for new transactions
• Conducting transaction proposals (industry, company, management, key risks, cash flow and financial analysis)
• Negotiation of transaction terms and loan documentation.
• Providing support in evaluating the performance of the portfolio
You work closely with Industrials senior team members and with professionals from different teams of the bank (Markets, Distribution, Risk, Legal, Tax, etc.).
What will you need?
• A relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s degree. We hire top talents from diverse university backgrounds ranging from economics and business administration, to law or technology. Activities showing affinity with finance and investment subjects (such as internships, your thesis, business courses or extra-curricular activities) will be considered as well
• Distinctive academic results as well as extra-curricular activities
• Strong analytical and numerical skills
• Good commercial sense
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Fluent in English and preferably Dutch. German is a plus.
• A committed, self-starting and flexible team player
NIBC is the bank of choice for decisive moments. Our Corporate Banking activities offer a combination of corporate finance & capital markets, financing and investing in the sectors Food, Agri, Retail & Health, Industries & Manufacturing, Infrastructure & Renewables, Commercial Real Estate, Oil & Gas Services, Shipping & Intermodal and Telecom, Media, Technology & Services. Consumer Banking offers residential mortgages in the Netherlands and online retail saving deposits in the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany via NIBC Direct.