The big picture
1,500 banks. 120 million customers. 20 billion transactions per year. If you’re looking for big data, you found it.
Cardlytics helps companies make better decisions. As a Senior Advertiser Analyst, you will go beyond basic company analytics in order to provide actionable, whole wallet customer insights. This analyst will interact with both sales leaders and external clients to derive meaning and shape business strategies based on secure first-party data.
Cool stuff you get to do in this role
- You will:
- Analyze purchase data to understand consumer spending habits, competitive landscapes, and customer journey
- Consult with Fortune 500 clients, sales and account management to present results and identify opportunities for insights
- Interpret analysis, paint a picture and tell stories with data
- Identify the winning offer from your test/control analysis
What you will accomplish in this role
- Translate business questions and problems into programming requirements, data extraction and manipulation to generate actionable and compelling insights
- Perform ad-hoc and custom analyses using SQL, SAS, R or Python
- Demonstrate a keen understanding of the client’s business, the Cardlytics’ data environment, and how to find data that characterizes the client’s customer journey
- Develop presentations and present to internal and external clients
- Write standard, repeatable and well-documented code that can be used across the team; Manage quality control of all deliverables
- Manage and balance the prioritization of large-scope projects with short-term, tactical campaign readouts
- Answer key client question:
- How many new customers were acquired?
- Which competitors are stealing share?
- What is the sector growth rate?
- What are the overall purchase habits of the most-valuable customers?
What you bring to the table
- Proficiency working with and analyzing, large datasets, especially transactional data
- Hands-on experience writing custom SQL
- Coding experience with statistical software—SAS, R, or Python
- Data storytelling and the ability to simplify complex concepts and analysis
- Multitasking chops and the ability to hit deadlines
- 2-4 years in analyst/senior analyst role
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Decision Sciences, Econometrics, Data Science or similar, quantitative field (Graduate degree a plus)
- While experience matters, the ability to digest and use data creatively will make the best Senior Advertiser Analyst.