Do you have a passion for DevOps principles? Are you enthusiastic about automating operations and processes? Would you like to work for an industry leader? At Cardlytics, you’ll face new challenges every day that will demand new and innovative solutions.
As a Site Reliability Engineer you will be responsible for working on an Agile team to improve and maintain the CI/CD pipeline and guide the development team’s infrastructure needs. Additional responsibilities include continuous improvement of the release process, improving automation in development, test, and production environments, researching and implementing new open source and/or commercial technologies, and troubleshooting environment issues as they arise. This position will work closely with application developers and testers to foster a true DevOps mindset.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain CI pipeline using tools such as TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Jenkins, Ansible, and Rundeck to deliver code to all environments.
- Find areas of existing manual intervention, and replace with automation where possible.
- Assist with software development and empower developers via self-service operations.
Qualifications and Experience
- 3+ years in systems administration, DevOps, software engineering, release engineering, or (preferably) a combination of these roles. We value individuals with diverse experience who bring unique perspectives to our team.
- Experience with Agile frameworks such as Scrum or Kanban.
- Programming in Powershell, Python, Ruby, or other languages to build ad hoc solutions for administration, build, and deploy tasks.
- Experience applying DevOps principles to the SDLC process.
- Comfortable with administering windows server (80%) and centos/RHEL (20%) in both an on-prem datacenter and public cloud (AWS/Azure) environment.
- Experience with modern configuration management tools (e.g., Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Salt Stack).
- Understands monitoring and measurement as it applies to both tooling and production infrastructure.
- Source control expertise (git).
- Able to integrate bleeding-edge tools into a workflow even when documentation is poor and the wisdom to know when to use the appropriate tool for the job.
- Desire to understand how complex systems work, and continuously improve those systems.
- Experience with “DevOps” tooling in a windows environment.
- Expert user of Ansible, Rundeck, Octopus Deploy, Redgate, and/or TeamCity.
- Familiarity with msbuild, visual studio, nuget, and other .Net tooling.
- Understanding of modern software test automation tools (e.g., nunit, test kitchen, inspec).
- Utilizing REST APIs with automation.
- Knowledge of relational database deployment ecosystem.