Join one of Europe’s leading Fintech startups.
At iwoca, our vision is that finance should be like electricity: simple, seamless and powerful. Over the next decade we aim to provide financing to 1 million small businesses that are underserved by the banks. Since launching in 2012, we've already lent to nearly 10,000 small businesses across Europe. Along the way we have built a high-tech platform, won numerous awards and have grown a fun and vibrant team. The most exciting part of our journey still lies ahead of us, join us to make a difference!
Now we're looking for Senior Credit Analysts who can help us make even better lending decisions whilst supporting our rapid growth.
Our team of Credit Analysts are responsible for making lending decisions for each of the small businesses that approach iwoca. You will:
- Evaluate credit applications – using our cutting-edge tech platform, you will be analysing data from financial statements, credit reference agencies, application forms and other third party sources to arrive at fast, fair, and accurate decisions.
- Build a loan book – you will make decisions on your own set of customers and will be expected to grow your own loan book. You should thrive in a KPI driven environment where you are responsible for meeting global risk targets.
- Work closely with our Account Management team – Account Managers act as “customer champions” and you’ll work with them to ensure we do our best to meet our customer’s needs and offer a fast, slick service.
- Develop our credit risk model - you’ll work closely with the risk team, providing them with insights from the front line on how to strengthen our underwriting models and policies.
- Guide junior credit analysts in their credit decisions and support their goals and targets
You will need:
- 3+ years of experience in commercial loan underwriting, preferably within the SME sector or alternative lending.
- Strong business acumen and a working understanding of what makes a good business good, so you can quickly identify the key drivers behind an application.
- The ability to interpret financial statements and an understanding of the key risk drivers specific to SMEs.
- An analytical mindset with a practical approach to problem solving.
- To be confident, focused and enthusiastic. You should be comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment where every month needs to be a record month.
- Good communication skills. You will have direct telephone contact with loan applicants to extract additional information so need a friendly telephone manner.
- The ability to come up with innovative and scalable solutions to day-to-day problems and suggest changes to processes to improve our efficiency.
- 25 days of paid holiday, plus UK public holidays. And we don’t expect you to work on your birthday so you can have an extra day off
This is a particularly exciting time to join iwoca – over the past year our team has doubled to 100 people and we have just raised $20M in funding giving us the firepower to grow even faster. New starters will enjoy substantial responsibility from day one and fantastic long-term career opportunities.
You’ll join a growing team of smart, humble and motivated people, all passionate about learning and developing themselves and united in their passion to grow an amazing business that revolutionises business finance.
In addition to a competitive financial package, we also provide the following:
- Pool, Foosball and Ping Pong tables (and regular tournaments!)
- Whether it's in a hammock or on a sofa or bean bag, there is plenty of space to chill out
- Plenty of drinks and snacks, healthy and unhealthy
- Subsidised gym membership (to work off the unhealthy snacks) and restaurant discounts in Oxford Circus
- Cycle to work scheme for great value bikes
- Various sports teams including football, running, cycling and climbing
- A super smart team of really nice people
- Company work retreats to great destinations, such as the French Alps for some January skiing, or the Balearic Islands for some late summer sun
- 25 days holiday a year plus a day off for your birthday - we want you fresh and fully charged