Join one of Europe’s leading Fintech startups.
At iwoca, our vision is that finance should be like electricity: simple, seamless and powerful. Over the next decade we aim to provide financing to 1 million small businesses that are underserved by the banks. Since launching in 2012, we've already lent to nearly 10,000 small businesses across Europe. Along the way we have built a high-tech platform, won numerous awards and have grown a fun and vibrant team. The most exciting part of our journey still lies ahead of us, join us to make a difference!
Now we're looking for a Credit Analyst who can help us make even better lending decisions whilst supporting our rapid growth.
Our team of Credit Analysts are responsible for making lending decisions for each of the small businesses that approach iwoca. You will:
- Evaluate credit applications – using our cutting-edge tech platform, you will be analysing data from financial statements, credit reference agencies, application forms and other third party sources to arrive at fast, fair, and accurate decisions.
- Build relationships with customers and work with the Account Management team to ensure we do our best to meet an applicant’s needs and offer a fast, slick service.
- Help grow iwoca Germany’s loan book – you will be expected to leverage customer relationships to proactively grow our business
- Take responsibility for your credit decisions: you should thrive under a KPI driven environment where you are responsible for meeting global risk targets.
You will need:
- 1+ years of experience in commercial loan underwriting, preferably within the SME sector or alternative lending. Other relevant experience (in finance, audit or consulting for example) will also be taken into account
- Fluent German speaker with a high level of written and spoken English - note that we require fully fluent German level (i.e. you’ve grown up speaking German or have learnt it to CEFR C2 level or similar). Should your german not be fluent but your English is, you can apply for a similar role on the UK team.
- Good business acumen and a working understanding of what makes a business good, so you can quickly identify the key drivers behind an application.
- The ability to interpret key financial statements and an understanding of the key risk drivers specific to SMEs.
- An analytical mindset with a practical approach to problem solving.
- To be confident, focused and enthusiastic. You have to be comfortable working independently and making your own credit decisions in a fast-paced startup environment where every month needs to be a record month.
- Good communication skills. You will have direct telephone contact with loan applicants to extract additional information so need a friendly telephone manner.
- A bucket-load of common sense
- Cover letter is essential.
You will always have a say in the business and have the opportunity to really make a difference. We help all our employees become top performers and reward everyone in numerous different ways. Everyone at iwoca is smart, humble and motivated to do a good job so you are bound to love working here. We also have the following to all our employees:
- Pool and Ping Pong tables
- Plenty of space to chill out
- Plenty of drinks and snack (healthy and unhealthy)
- Subsidised gym membership and restaurant discounts in Oxford Circus
- Cycle to work scheme for great value bikes
- Various sports teams including football and climbing
- A super smart team of really nice people
- Company retreats to great destinations