Smart Trade is a Berlin-based B2B FinTech and Regulatory Technology (RegTech) company which assists financial players with pre and post-trade digitization. RegTech is a key growth area, with innovative technology and software applied to assist in intelligently managing the regulatory and compliance processes.
Our customers live in a world where information and capital travel fast. Risk management, compliance, and front office employees require market intelligence and information tools to be able to detect, track, and monitor market developments. SmartTrade provides technological solutions that meet these requirements. Our technologies are at work during the complete life cycle of a trade. We support our clients with the initial pre-trade risk analysis, with ongoing monitoring and generation of trading signals, as well as with the calculation of relevant risk indicators such as mark-to-model values and value at risk.
Our architecture needs to be a highly available and provide consistent performance, with the challenge of customers generating diverse sets of workloads depending on their own data structure and usage patterns. Your starting project will be the development of an application that connects a front office trading tool to our internal risk engine. The technology will allow the user to set trading parameters via a GUI and to request for low latency trading signals.
After successfully completing this technology it will be integrated into one of the most important broker platforms in Europe. You will be working with low latency market data feeds and with our proprietary software that includes the mathematical algorithms for computing the trading information.
What will you do:
- Design and develop technologies that support risk management tools with low-latency market information and that control the web front-ends of these tools.
- Participate as a member of an international team using agile techniques for new development, enhancements, and bug-fixing in an environment that primarily consists of JAVA.
- Maintain technologies in redundant production and testing environment
- Develop automated load tests and monitoring of existing web tool functionalities
- Design and develop high-quality software in a timely manner using object-oriented design principles, formal design patterns, unit-testing, design and code reviews, Scrum methodology and other software development best practices.
- Develop reusable, extensible and maintainable software that interoperates seamlessly with current or new architectures.
- Assume full accountability for meeting estimates for completion of work and complying with coding and quality standards.
What you have:
- At least 5 years experience in JAVA Programming
- Excellent knowledge about Java Programming Language and Object Orienting Programming Concepts.
- Understanding of SQL and NoSQL Databases such as MySQL, Aerospike, InfluxDB, Redis. All these databases are currently used in Production
- Expertise with queuing system such as ZeroMQ or any other queuing system (Publish- Subscriber System)
- Familiarity with Version Controlling Systems such as SVN and GIT.
- Knowledge about development tools, IDE like Intellij
- Skills in Maven.
- Strong awareness of System Architecture, Software Architecture, and DevOps Practices.
- Good Understanding of Puppet Scripting and Bash scripting.
- Understand the importance of Documentation.
- Gained excellent knowledge and multiple experiences in Building a System from scratch and can play an important role in transferring the knowledge in-house.
- Can give valuable advice and share knowledge to improve the current system architecture.
- Fluent written and spoken English
What you will get:
- Flat hierarchies and a strong team cohesion
- Practical and entrepreneurial insights into a fast growing B2B FinTech / RegTech start-up
- An exciting and wide range of responsibility with plenty of room for your own creativity
- Challenging and diversified projects
- A high degree of personal responsibility
- Start-up team spirit: regular team events, soccer-table, many specials
- An international team with highly motivated colleagues
- Attractive remuneration