Love the smell of fresh code in the morning? Are you a passionate and creative java software developer with a high level of engineering experience and a need to be challenged? Do you want to be part of a team building that develops innovative and lasting product?
Strands is looking for Back-end Developers! You will join our Engineering Team and help design and develop an innovative FinTech software that enables banks to offer personalized digital banking experiences.
You will take responsibility for the user interface and online experience in a rapidly evolving new product that is being developed by a fast-paced, dynamic, international team.
You will work with our offices – Barcelona, Miami, Buenos Aires – and well-known customers around the world!!
The job responsibilities include:
· Programming highly-available software and innovative functionality.
· Strong understanding of product development cycles.
· Analyzing requirements and solutions to provide the best software experience.
· Troubleshooting and issue resolution.
· Strong understanding of Java server-side technologies.
· Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in J2EE.
· Experience in Spring, Hibernate, Struts and REST.
· Experience using development tools: Eclipse, SVN, Maven, GIT, JIRA.
· Experience in UNIX environments.
· Familiar with Agile software development techniques.
· Fluency in English.
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering required.
· Experience in High Availability and Distributed Systems is a big plus.
· Experience in Hadoop is a big plus.
What we offer:
Strands powers FinTech innovation by providing data-driven machine learning & UX solutions for banks around the world
Strands is recognized by the financial industry as “The Fintech Partner for Banks”, serving more than 500 bank implementations with a hundred million of customers in thirty six countries, categorizing and enriching ninety four million of banking transactions daily. The company was founded in 2004 in Oregon (US) and Barcelona (Spain), initially developing personalization and recommendation solutions for the music industry. Apple acquired these early solutions together with a portfolio of 32 patents, allowing the company to focus its innovation efforts on the research and development of financial technologies. Strands is a fintech pioneer, with the award winning solution for Personal Financial Management (PFM), launched in 2008 in the United States and Europe. Strands Finance Suite today includes a portfolio of products that share a common foundation based on Big Data Processing, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Open API, and best-in-class Customer Experience. Our mission is to enable banks and merchants to anticipate customer needs and proactively suggest next-best-actions to increase long-term value for customers. Our vision is to empower people to better manage their life, consuming and taking decisions in a smarter, transparent and independent way. The company currently has 200 employees in Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Kuala Lumpur and Miami.