Stripe is expanding internet commerce by making it easy for new businesses to get started and grow globally. By helping businesses accept payments from anywhere in the world and broadening the types of transactions that happen online, we aim to increase the GDP of the internet.
With only 550 people today, Stripe helps hundreds of thousands of businesses process billions of dollars every year. To date our growth has been driven by enthusiastic users, deep community involvement, and a bit of media coverage.
Now we’re looking for a media relations specialist to help spread the word in Japan. We live in a noisy space, but when told right, the Stripe story is a powerful one. If you’re a connector, a creative thinker, and someone who enjoys collaborating with reporters to tell stories, we want to hear from you!
- Work with other Stripes and our local users to unearth our best untold stories and develop them across written and verbal forms.
- Help guide and develop an authentic Stripe brand, voice, and presence in Japan, working closely with the communications team back in San Francisco.
- Develop and maintain relationships with reporters and other influencers, especially in the tech and developer communities.
- Manage corporate events, executive speaking engagements, and awards for Stripe in Japan.
You should have:
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills. Native Japanese and strong English language skills are a must.
- 4-6 years of experience in media relations, preferably in a high-growth and/or B2B environment.
- A proven track record, and relationships with reporters in both technology and business press.
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and LinkedIn profile.
- Writing samples in either Japanese or English are always welcome!