Stripe is building a world class finance team. Our finance team is responsible for shaping our understanding of how Stripe is performing as a business, as well as what our best opportunities are for continued growth. We’re looking for a corporate accountant to join our fast growing team and help us build our technical accounting and financial reporting processes, work with business partners, financial partners and our world-class engineers. You will help us develop amazing accounting flows and help track our progress within a fast-paced environment that’s growing globally.
- Build scalable accounting processes for complex transactions in areas such as share-based compensation, equity, business combinations, and leases.
- Develop and own the monthly close process for related financial statement line items; prepare month-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules.
- Assist with technical accounting issues, including the preparation of key accounting memos.
- Draft and maintain accounting policies and procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statement disclosures.
- Partner with the Finance, Legal, Facilities and other teams to anticipate and support changing business requirements.
- Participate in coordinating the planning and execution of annual audits with our external auditors.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 4-5 years of relevant accounting experience, with a degree in Accounting or Finance (CPA strongly preferred).
- Public accounting (Big 4 preferred) and private industry experience.
- Proven experience in areas such as share-based compensation, equity, business combinations, and leases.
- Fluency with U.S. GAAP and the ability to research complex transactions.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and accounting systems (e.g. Oracle and Shareworks).
- Ability to partner cross-functionally across Stripe.
- Good understanding of both financial and operational controls.
- Ability to be flexible and comfortable with changing requirements.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced, hyper growth environment.
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of (or experience in) the payments industry.
- IFRS knowledge.
To apply, please include:
- A resume and LinkedIn profile.