Stripe is building a world class finance team. Our finance team is responsible for shaping our understanding of how Stripe is performing as a business, as well as what our best opportunities are for continued growth. We’re looking for a corporate accountant to join our fast growing team and help us manage and improve our close processes, work with business partners, financial partners and our world-class engineers. You will help us develop amazing accounting flows and help track our progress within a fast-paced environment that’s growing globally.
- Manage and streamline the entire monthly close process by coordinating close activities and analysis across worldwide accounting and finance.
- Drive monthly close process improvements by understanding underlying business processes, leveraging existing finance systems (Oracle, Workday, Expensify etc.), and implementing new systems.
- Own the global chart of accounts and consolidations across multiple legal entities in multiple countries.
- Prepare and review month-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, flux analyses, and supporting schedules.
- Partner with and support our Strategic Planning & Analysis team on understanding our corporate spend and new initiatives and projects.
- Prepare and present monthly and quarterly management reporting packages to members of our executive team.
- Develop strategies to improve accounting operations effectiveness, including the development and execution of process and system changes.
- Identify, assess, and implement technical accounting guidance as it applies to relevant accounting areas.
- Develop and maintain policies & procedures for above areas that maximize operational efficiency while also ensuring proper internal controls.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 6-9 years of relevant accounting experience, with a degree in - Accounting or Finance (CPA strongly preferred).
- Public accounting (Big 4 preferred) and private industry experience.
- Proven experience in areas such as month-end close, financial reporting, finance systems implementation and maintenance, and partnering across finance functions.
- Fluency with U.S. GAAP.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and accounting systems.
- Good understanding of both financial and operational controls.
- Ability to be flexible and comfortable with changing requirements.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced, hyper growth environment.
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of (or experience in) the payments industry.
- IFRS knowledge.
To apply, please include:
- A resume and LinkedIn profile.