Are you the right fit?
We are looking for an enthusiastic IT generalist that has broad set of technical skills to help our IT team support its internal users.
The successful candidate is a personable team player with a positive attitude, strong communication and presentation skills. He or she must multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment, and hold himself/herself accountable for results.
This position will report directly to the Information Technology Director and will work closely with everyone in the Financeit IT team. We work in an open office environment and have a lot of fun.
- Register and classify received Incidents and undertake an immediate effort to resolve them as quickly as possible
- Process and respond to service requests and keep users informed about their incidents status at agreed intervals. Service Requests include but are not limited to: computer re-imaging, application, installation, device/printer Installation, WiFi setups, VoIP phone setup
- Monitor the Local Area Network which includes Internet Connectivity
- Monitor and help maintain the VoIP Telephone System
Typical work activities:
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
- Walk staff or clients through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone to help set up systems
- Troubleshoot system and network problems and diagnose and solve hardware or software faults
- Replace computer parts as required
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- Follow diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
- Support the roll-out of new applications
- Set up new user accounts and profiles and resolve password issues
- Respond within agreed time limits to call-outs
- Prioritize and manage many open cases simultaneously
- Establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, e.g., software developers
- Test and evaluate new technologies and find new innovative ways to help with job efficiency
- Minimum 2 years experience in an IT support or related role in an enterprise environment
- Post secondary school education, relating to IT and any other IT/network related qualifications or training are also desirable
- ITIL V3 Foundations Certification
- Microsoft Certified Professional Certification (MCP), an advantage
- Expert-level Knowledge on Windows and Mac Client Operating Systems
- Good Working knowledge on Windows Active Directory
- Good working knowledge on Networking technologies (VLANs, IP Addressing/Subnetting, Firewalls)
- Interested on cutting edge technologies
- Must be energetic and have high attention to details
- Must not be afraid to think
- Must be willing to work on shifting schedules and on-call duties
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary based on experience
- Performance based bonus plan
- Group Benefits Plan
- Fitness program
Financeit is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.