The legal team at Stripe is looking for an experienced corporate lawyer to join our team in San Francisco, CA. As corporate counsel at Stripe, you will help develop and maintain the business infrastructure that will be key to sustaining Stripe’s growth and future success.
In this role you will:
- Serve as in-house counsel on Stripe’s finance, corporate development and related activities.
- Collaborate with Stripe’s corporate and finance teams, as well as outside counsel, to complete corporate finance, M&A and other strategic transactions.
- Working closely with outside counsel and other professionals at Stripe (across multiple jurisdictions), assist on equity compensation matters and related internal company legal issues.
- Assist the lead Corporate attorney on a variety of other legal work important to the growth of our business, including corporate governance, insurance and real estate matters.
You may be a good fit for this role if you:
- Are a great deal lawyer – willing and able to roll up your sleeves and get into the details of major transactions.
- Have at least 4+ years of experience working on corporate finance, M&A and other corporate transactions at a major law firm.
- Have worked in or closely with fast growing, venture backed technology start up companies.
- Have a good understanding of payment and other financial services regulatory issues.
- Are willing to jump in and do whatever needs doing, whether or not it fits squarely in your area of expertise.
- Love technology and are a quick study on new things.
- Are admitted to practice law in one or more US states (California preferred).
- Are unfailingly discreet, able to deal with confidential and often highly sensitive information with the utmost care.
- Are a great communicator and solid project manager, able to effectively prioritize and advance a large number of deals happening simultaneously, often on tight deadlines.
- Manage outside counsel across multiple jurisdictions to ensure timely and knowledgeable support of critical deals.
- Are team oriented and humble.
- Resume and LinkedIn profile. -1-2 paragraph summary of how you resolved the most interesting issue in your legal career (respecting client secrets and confidences, of course!).