Stripe provides tools that make it easier for businesses and entrepreneurs all over the world to grow their businesses. We work on some of the hardest technical, business, and regulatory problems around, and we’re looking for a public policy analyst in Europe to support our efforts to build and develop a first-class policy and government relations program in Europe. In this role you will deal with a diverse set of matters that straddle financial services, business processes, and technology. If you are up for the challenge - we would love to hear from you!
In this role you will:
- Manage and report on policy, regulatory, and legal developments in Europe.
- Map out a network of key stakeholders in Europe to help shape a positive policy and regulatory environment.
- Engage with policy makers, regulators, and their staff to educate them about Stripe’s business model and vision.
- Help colleagues across Stripe understand the impact that potential changes to policies, laws, or regulation in Europe may have on current or future Stripe products.
- Coordinate and arrange public policy activities, including presentations by Stripe executives, meetings with policymakers, industry forums and other activities in Europe.
- Help build relationships in jurisdictions where Stripe operates or seeks to provide new products and services.
- Develop and maintain relationships with public policy representatives across the technology community, and serve as a representative of Stripe on certain trade groups or other industry bodies.
- Work with our Global Public Policy Lead, General Counsel and others to strategically pursue European policy objectives as part of Stripe’s global policy priorities.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- At least 5+ years of experience working in a legislative affairs or similar government position, or similar experience at a public policy firm or world class in-house government relations organization with a focus on Europe.
- A strong understanding of Internet and mobile technologies.
- A solid working knowledge of financial services industry and regulation in Europe.
- Excellent project management and administrative skills.
The person we’d like to hire for this role will also be:
- An exceptionally hard worker who is willing to go above and beyond the call of duty to get things done.
- Decisive, with excellent judgment, capable of making smart decisions in the face of ambiguity and imperfect information.
- A terrific communicator and writer, adept at working with lawyers, regulators, engineers, business teams, and colleagues to make complex concepts clear and understandable to different audiences.
- Passionate about Stripe’s mission of helping businesses grow and thrive.
- A resume and LinkedIn profile.