The legal team at Stripe is looking for an experienced financial services regulatory lawyer to join our team in San Francisco, CA. As a regulatory lawyer at Stripe you will help us build the financial infrastructure of the Internet.
In this role you will:
- Serve as one of Stripe’s primary financial services regulatory lawyers, advising on a wide range of federal and state regulatory issues.
- Counsel Stripe’s compliance and business teams on the application of state and federal regulations, helping us build infrastructure that meets our regulatory obligations as well as the needs of our customers.
- Support Stripe’s sales team, by advising on novel legal issues raised by customer use of Stripe’s APIs.
- Represent Stripe on a variety of regulatory topics before state and federal agencies, banking partners and other external audiences.
You may be a good fit for this role if you:
- Have substantial experience applying federal and state financial services regulations in a major financial institution, state or federal regulatory agency, or as part of a sophisticated financial services regulatory practice at a top tier law firm.
- Love technology and are a quick study on new things; in particular, you are able to see ways in which technology can improve compliance functions and protect customers.
- Are admitted to practice law in one or more US states (California preferred).
- Are a great project manager, able to manage a large number of projects happening simultaneously, often on tight deadlines.
- Have the curiosity to understand how things work and can help frame regulatory positioning and clearly communicate business intent to third parties.
The person we want to hire for this role will also be:
- An extraordinary problem solver, able to identify critical issues for our business lines and ready with multiple potential solutions to address key regulatory risks.
- An exceptionally smart worker, capable of getting things done in an efficient manner and always meeting important regulatory and business deadlines.
- Decisive, having excellent judgment, and capable of making smart decisions in the face of ambiguity and imperfect information.
- A terrific communicator, adept at working with business teams and colleagues to make complex concepts clear.
- Passionate about Stripe’s mission of helping businesses grow and thrive.
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and LinkedIn profile.
- A quick description of your favorite law, regulation, guidance bulletin or consent order (and why it’s your favorite).