By engaging with companies and industries, the Partnerships organization aims to increase Stripe’s long term value by accelerating our strategy and developing knowledge and new opportunities through partnerships that further our mission.
Stripe is seeking an exceptional, product-minded business development leader to develop and manage Stripe’s European partnerships. This role will be based in our London office and is focused on building relationships across several industries, negotiating and executing distribution partnerships to drive user and revenue growth, and growing and managing our existing partners.
- Identify partnership opportunities in Europe and lead all aspects of deal execution, including prioritization of partners, pipeline development, strategic and financial assessment, transaction structuring, negotiation and implementation.
- Manage and nurture established partnerships to increase the adoption of Stripe, and extend our relationships with key partners.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Stripe engineering teams to define product priorities, plan joint roadmaps with partners and help solve production issues.
- Establish strong relationships with senior executives from leading technology and commerce companies.
- Evaluate new initiatives for strategic fit and provide intelligence to the broader team on the evolving European landscape.
- Represent partners as their advocate in internal discussions and represent Stripe externally as a thought leader and evangelist at industry events.
We’re looking for someone with:
- 5-8 years of experience in business development, product management, or similar roles at a top technology company.
- Experience working with internal product teams to achieve results for external partnerships.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – including the ability to speak to different constituencies such as business development, product, engineering, and sales internally and externally.
- Highly analytical with problem solving capabilities and experience grounded in strong business fundamentals.
- Experience working on commerce or financial technology either directly or through past partnerships experience with companies in the commerce or financial technology space.
- Passion for Stripe’s vision for creating tools for entrepreneurs.
- Ability to travel as needed for partnerships, especially within continental Europe.
- Basic knowledge of SQL (or willingness to learn).
- Programming or product management experience a plus.
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.