By engaging with companies and industries, the Partnerships organization aims to increase Stripe’s long term value by accelerating our strategy and developing knowledge and new opportunities through partnerships that further our mission.
Stripe is seeking an exceptional, product-minded business development leader to grow and manage Stripe’s distribution partnerships. This role is focused on building relationships across several industries, negotiating and executing distribution partnerships to drive user and revenue growth, and growing and managing our existing partners.
- Operate in a fast-paced environment, juggling priorities of multiple internal and external constituencies
- Establish and cultivate strong relationships with senior executives from existing and prospective partners
- Identify partnership opportunities and lead all aspects of deal execution, including prioritization of partners, pipeline development, strategic and financial assessment, transaction structuring, negotiation and implementation
- Prioritize and strategically invest in growing existing partners through innovative new partnerships
- Proactively push product thinking and work closely with product and engineering teams, both internally and externally to build the best experiences for users
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Stripe engineering teams to define product priorities, plan joint roadmaps with partners and help solve production issues
- Represent partners as their advocate in internal discussions and represent Stripe externally as a thought leader and evangelist at industry events
We’re looking for someone with:
- 5-8 years of experience in business development, product management, strategic channel sales or similar roles at a top technology company
- Experience working closely with leading commerce platforms, in either product management, business development or a strategic sales capacity
- Strong product instinct and ability to identify opportunities for partners to utilize existing and in-development products, as well as ability to partner with Stripe’s product organization to build world-class features for existing and new partnerships
- Strong commercial orientation, with the ability to initiate, execute, and grow complex commercial partnerships, with minimal guidance, and maximize economic value for both Stripe and our partners
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – including the ability to speak to different constituencies such as business development, product, engineering, and sales internally and externally
- Basic knowledge of SQL (or willingness to learn)
- Programming or product management experience a plus
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.