We are committed to building an actively inclusive work environment that makes Stripe an excellent home for everyone—regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, education, age, or other personal characteristics. We work on broadening our diversity because we think it’s simply the right thing to do. We want to include people, be a spectacular home for them to be themselves, and enable them to do great work.
Stripe is looking for a Diversity Program Lead to help us fulfill this mission. This role will be responsible for establishing and driving diversity and inclusion programs across the organization, leading diversity recruiting efforts across all functions, and working closely with our recruiting and events teams to expand the diversity of our pipeline.
- Work with leadership, key stakeholders and the recruiting team to lead our diversity recruiting efforts, developing strategies to help us attract underrepresented candidates. Build an operational plan to execute against those strategies and transparently report on our efforts and results.
- Develop relationships that inspire leaders internally and externally ensuring we’re a leading employer for those from under-represented backgrounds.
- Develop and integrate diversity and inclusion philosophies, best practices, and trainings into how we operate.
- Use data and metrics to uncover ways to strengthen inclusion across the organization.
You may enjoy this if:
- You’re passionate about building diverse teams.
- You’re a stellar verbal and written communicator.
- You love to manage multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment.
- You’re curious, innovative, creative and constantly looking for ways to optimize our equity lens.
- You’re truly flexible. You can shift tasks and priorities when circumstances change. (At a fast-growing startup, they often do.)
- You’re interested in thinking creatively about attracting and shepherding talent from diverse backgrounds.
We’re looking for:
- Proven expertise in change management/organizational transformation in the areas of inclusion, diversity, and talent management.
- Recent experience in a diversity focused program or leadership role.
- Experience developing employee resource groups.
- Past experience working with significant diversity groups in the technology industry such as conferences and campus groups.
- Demonstrable ability to develop targeted recruiting efforts for underrepresented groups from strategic planning to tactical implementation.
- Experience working with hiring leaders to diversify candidate pipelines.
- Excellent training and presentation, project management and written and verbal communication skills.
- Humble attitude with eagerness to shift from high-level strategic thinking to stepping in and helping to drive implementation alongside functional teams.
- It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in at least one area, and have some interest and capabilities in the others.
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in at least one area, and have some interest and capabilities in the others.