Do you think carefully about the “design” of core metrics? Do you love figuring out the story behind a trend? Are you excited about empowering teams with data visualization and concrete insights? If yes, then we would love to hear from you! The Risk team is a core part of Stripe’s mission to expand the GDP of the internet. As an Insights Analyst on the Risk Operations team, you will help enable safer payments for our users and protect Stripe from fraud by providing regular reporting and insights on our key metrics. You will work with Risk analysts and engineers to identify issues, prioritize initiatives, and develop targeted solutions.
- Design and build dashboards to analyze, monitor and visualize key performance metrics.
- Interpret data, extract trends, and identify insights or opportunities for product and business decisions.
- Define metrics to measure what matters for evaluating risk.
- Understand our risk systems and investigate account patterns through data and internal tools.
- Work directly with internal stakeholders and teams across Stripe.
- Mentor other team members in data analysis, reporting, and visualization.
We’re looking for someone with:
- 4+ yrs experience in business intelligence or analytics.
- Highly skilled at writing SQL to query relational databases.
- Strong data visualization skills and a passion for data and analysis.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal communication skills, with attention to detail.
- Confidence to take ownership of projects and make decisions in a fast-paced environment with minimal documentation and process.
- Curiosity and an investigative nature, with 1+ years of experience in risk, trust & safety, or spam prevention preferred.
You should include these in your application:
- Resume or LinkedIn profile.
- A short description or screenshot of a sample dashboard you’ve developed and some insights you gained from it (please mask all sensitive information).