Stripe is rapidly expanding internationally, and we are looking for the people who will help make this happen. Specifically we feel that each international market has its own challenges and opportunities, and that these are best addressed by a strong local team.
As the first leader for User Ops in the region you are expected to excel at handling ambiguity and to execute quickly. You know what it is like to start something from scratch, grow it structurally and methodically. We are looking for someone who have been directly involved in scaling a User Ops/Technical Support business and at the same time has managed a high performing team.
- Help recruit the local team needed to support the APAC region.
- When recruited, you will be expected to directly manage a new team and set clear goals and provide regular feedback on team members’ performance.
- Help build the organization through management projects such as recruiting, training, writing team policies, defining team processes, or other organizational improvements.
- Transmit and foster our values, serving as a beacon of Stripe’s user-centric philosophy and culture of transparency, empathy, inclusion, and empowerment.
- Handle the day to day operations of Stripe in market, fielding questions and issues which touch every part of the organization.
You may be a fit if:
- You love building and scaling - you have previously built out an operations team for a technical company.
- A keen interest in pursuing people-management as a vocation, and some degree of experience and comfort with this specialized discipline.
- A lucid, well-formed communication style (either on the phone or in writing), with an impulse to listen and be empathetic first, and an ability to be firm and assertive when necessary.
- An ability to execute on and deliver complex operational projects involving multiple stakeholders; i.e. project management and collaboration skills.
- Great operational awareness: a sense of the big picture in any organization they inhabit, how team members’ individual goals contribute to that, and how they can help team members navigate best within the big picture.
- Skill and credibility doing the core work of a user operations team, with a high bar for quality of same, and a willingness to lead by example and participate in the work where necessary.
- You love having data to back up an argument. You’re a strong believer in knowing the numbers and what they mean. You are highly analytical.
You should include these in your application:
- Resume and cover letter.
- Description of why you want to work in this role.