The main responsibilities of the Pre-Sales Engineer (PSE) revolve around creating awareness of the organization's products and solutions. The PSE works closely with potential customers to determine how the company can best serve their needs. The PSE supports sales productivity and deal flow by securing the “technical close” in complex and multidisciplinary environments. The PSE collaborates with sales, R&D, operations, engineering resources to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs/challenges, and are appropriately supported by key customer KPI’s and technical decision/business-makers.
- Provide product demonstrations via webex or face to face to potential customers
- Responding to requests for information or pricing and preparing sales package proposals (SoW)
- Proactively scopes the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assesses customers’ met and unmet needs, and recommends solutions that optimize ROI and value for both the customer and the company.
- Define Customer KPIs
- Completes Project Scoping Document for handoff to Enablement Managers
- Secures input from all necessary solution stakeholders within the customers’ different organizations. Adapts / define solutions, as necessary, to ensure appropriate support.
- Coordinates closely with internal sales, sales support, and operation resources to align solution design with customers’ business requirements and existing infrastructure.
- Secures from customer technical staff commitments needed to ensure a deal’s “technical close.”
- Provides coaching and professional development to team member sales associates in order to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical pre sales skills.
- Monitors customer support for technical solutions proposed throughout the entire sales process, and alerts the sales teams to potential risks of deal closure.
We are a pre-IPO security company with thousands of customers contributing over a billion high-risk transaction details to our real time network each month. As a leader in our industry, ThreatMetrix’s customers include global banks, household name retailers, and the most popular on-demand services such as ride-sharing and subscription TV and movie streaming. Using a broad array of technologies, we help our customers recognize their trusted users and flag individuals, devices, and networks committing crime on the Internet.
- At least 2 years experience in security, fraud, or payments risk. ATO, CNP, AVA, AVS, and MitM are familiar acronyms to you.
- Deep understanding of the OSI model, especially as it pertains to HTTP, TCP, and SSL.
- Analytics experience; math majors not required, but you should be comfortable doing data analysis and making policy recommendations that will be reviewed by internal and customer data scientists.
- Communication and reporting skills, Tableau experience is preferred.
- SQL experience a plus
- Deep understating of Security RFPs