A Better company
It’s hard not to be excited about mortgages when you’re actively upending the conventions of a $13 trillion dollar business that impacts over 200 million Americans.
At Better, we’re building a next-generation mortgage lender from the ground up. Our team combines leading software engineers from tech giants like Google and Spotify with financial talent from firms like Blackstone and Bridgewater, creating a hybrid institution unlike any other.
Rife with antiquated processes, the home finance industry has remained fundamentally unchanged since the 1970s. As we break down the entrenchments that bar so many from the benefits of homeownership, we adhere to three basic principles:
- Humans are better than computers at expressing empathy, understanding individual situations, and creating solutions to help people. Let them.
- Computers are more efficient than humans at working with massive data sets, performing complex calculations, and validating thousands of rules. Use them.
- The rules of the status quo are broken. Change them.
Join our mortgage revolution.
A Better opportunity
Better is looking for a Network/Security Engineer to join the team. This person will be responsible for Better’s network infrastructure across multiple offices and will work collaboratively with members of the IT team, as well as other business functions. The ideal candidate has a background in Network/Security Engineering and is a highly organized, reliable self-starter.
Responsibilities will include:
- Network configuration and optimization
- Management of network stack including Meraki and Sophos equipment on prem as well as AWS.
- Review and respond to network security incidents
- Proactive monitoring of network security and integrity
Attributes we value
- At least 2-3 years of experience as a Network/Security Admin or Engineer
- Ability to handle multiple, physically separate networks, as well as site to site VPNs
- Ability to create and manage VLANs and subnets
- Familiarity with Splunk or equivalent tools for review and management of logs
- Experience working in an industry regulated by any of the following: SOX, HIPAA, GBLA, PCI
- Fluent in English (Orally & Written)
- Ability to write and maintain clear, concise documentation
- High attention to detail
- Experience with information security
- Ability to maintain composure in fast paced environments
Bonus Points for:
- CCNA or equivalent certifications in networking or security