At PPRO we’re pushing the boundaries of payments to accelerate the growth in ecommerce and make consumers’ everyday lives easier. We are currently searching for an experienced engineering manager to lead a team within our engineering department. This is a hands-on role, where you will be involved not only in the management of people, but also supervising the technical work carried out by your team.
The PPRO Group is an FCA-authorised financial institution headquartered in London and with offices in several European countries. Our team comprises a fast-growing, diverse group of people from more than 25 nationalities. We pride ourselves on our dynamic culture and our ability to deliver the best possible payment products and services to our partners and customers. PPRO people are characterised by their desire to succeed, their team spirit, their high energy and professionalism, and by their eagerness to find simple, elegant solutions to complex challenges.
We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager who manages and develops our software engineers. The position will be located in Munich.
- Manage, develop and expand a team of talented and motivated engineers
- Make technical decisions while also contributing to technical work
- Fostering a collaborative and open culture within your team
- Ensuring your team delivers high-quality output both functionally and architecturally
- Contributing significantly to design of PPRO systems and platforms
- Collaborating with other functional teams within PPRO (product management, operations, finance)
- Overseeing multiple projects within your team and organise effectively to meet project goals
Qualifications that we are looking for
- MSc in a science, engineering or technical field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience working in a software engineering organisation
- Minimum 3 years of hiring, managing and developing engineering staff
- Practical experience in C++, SQL and network programming
- Strong background in building scalable systems and products for Unix/Linux/BSD systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- English language fluency
In return, we offer opportunities for you to
- A casual working environment
- Room for proactivity and creativity
- A pleasant office and quiet workspace, located near the city centre with good connections to public transport
- Comptitive salary and benefits