Tala is looking for an entrepreneurial BD Associate Manager to work side by side with Tala Philippines’ Country/Business Manager to expand Tala’s product to millions of more Filipinos. This role will be responsible for managing the overall health of our business, with a key focus on driving all in-country partnerships.
Tala launched in the Philippines in 2017 and has since experienced rapid growth. Being part of the Tala Philippines team is a great opportunity to take an existing business to new heights and help Tala solve one of the world’s largest problems, financial inclusion. Your goal is to serve our customers’ needs in the Philippines, while delivering the highest business value for Tala.
The ideal candidate is an entrepreneur-at-heart. The candidate will be a highly analytical, critical thinker who has an insatiable hunger to find and execute on new opportunities in a fast-paced environment. Additionally, our ideal candidate will have expertise in managing complex businesses, as well as a natural ability to lead relationship management for in-country partnerships.
- Identify business challenges, propose analytically grounded, well-researched solutions, and drive execution
- Drive and own local partnerships from opportunity identification, partnership design, negotiation and implementation to further expand the reach of Tala’s products and services in close coordination with the Tala Philippines Country/Business Manager.
- Contributes to hitting desired results of in-country growth efforts in terms of partnerships.
- Communicate regularly with the Philippines Country/Business Manager as well as US teams and play an influential role on strategy, challenges and opportunities
- Work with expert teams to define product roadmap through careful analysis of customer requirements, market, and technology trends
- Track competition closely and launch best-in-class features on Tala products
- Collaborate closely with the Brand Marketing team in any cross-functional initiatives involving local content creation
Qualities we are looking for:
- The role is perfect for an entrepreneur at heart with incredible critical thinking skills, strong business judgement, and highly empathetic communication.
- You’re direct with feedback, quick to admit mistakes, and collaborative with others
- Strong communication skills with the ability to drive to an agreement and an an instinct to proactively communicate
- You have an insatiable intellectual curiosity to identify and implement new ways to continually improve results
- “Harder, better, faster, stronger” - you are relentless and won’t stop till we’ve changed the financial system
- Results oriented, both for our bottom line and our social impact
- “Do not rest on your laurels” - don't fall back on old habits; you constantly look for new approaches and solutions.
- Put the needs of others first to help people develop and perform as highly as possible as a servant leader
- You believe in and work to uphold Tala’s highest level value, Radical Trust, both within the office walls and with our customers around the world.
- 3+ years of startup tech, marketing, or business leadership experience in high-performing, direct-to-consumer businesses
- Strong data-driven approach to funnel conversion metrics with strong attention to detail.
- Natural ability to work across Credit, Operations, Growth and Leadership teams to propose, persuade and collaborate with on strategic priorities
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Finance or related Business degree
- Deep network of contacts amongst Internet and financial service providers including mobile money operators, banks, mobile payment providers, and e-commerce companies
- Highly proficient in Excel
- Proven bias towards building consumer-centric products and solutions
- Familiarity with tech-enabled credit or payments products and the general fintech landscape
- Experience working in an international fintech company
We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tala is a mobile technology and data science company that is working to deliver financial access, choice and control to underserved people around the world. Tala’s smartphone app instantly evaluates customers for credit using only the data on their devices and delivers customized loans in minutes.
Tala, formerly known as InVenture, is backed by IVP, Ribbit Capital, Lowercase Capital, Data Collective, Collaborative Fund and other leading venture and impact investors. In 2016, Fast Company ranked Tala, formerly known as InVenture, as one of its top 10 companies in Money, and Forbes named Tala as one of the top 50 FinTech companies in the world. Additionally, Tala’s work has been highlighted by the New York Times, the Financial Times, the Wall Street Journal, TED, and Wired, among others.Tala’s global team is headquartered in Santa Monica, with additional offices in Nairobi, Manila, Dar Es Salaam, Mexico City, Mumbai, and Bangalore.