Plaid’s mission is to enable innovation within financial services through best-in-class technology. Using our API platform, businesses can seamlessly interact with consumer financial data to improve their user conversion, better assess risk, and reduce fraud. Our customers range from major fintech startups such as Betterment and Stripe to Fortune 500 enterprises such as American Express. Founded in 2012, Plaid has raised over $50M of capital from major venture capital firms such as New Enterprise Associates as well global financial institutions such as Goldman Sachs. Over the past year, we have grown revenues 300% YoY while maintaining strong unit economics.
Our Sales team at Plaid combines deep product and industry knowledge and is focused on bringing Plaid to an ever-broadening set of businesses. Our thesis is that every company in financial services can benefit from better financial technology, and that many industries that don't currently consider themselves to be fintech actually are.
You'll be the one helping us achieve this vision. As a New Business Representative, you'll forge the path to finding new clients and be the first point of contact for most new companies we work with.
What you'll do
- Acting as a key member of the Plaid Sales Team, supporting several Account Executives hunting new business
- Identifying prospect and build pipeline through outbound campaigns in medium-sized and large enterprise
- Helping new clients get started with Plaid and answer questions about our products
- Working with our product and engineering teams to integrate customer and product feedback
- Identifying the most promising verticals to help drive increased revenue opportunity
What excites us
- 1-3 years of experience in pipeline development and/or sales (preferably at SaaS company)
- Leading high-level conversations with business stakeholders
- The ability to evangelize Plaid’s value proposition in order to assess buying interest
- The ability to thrive in a high customer volume, time-sensitive and environment
- Having a relentless mindset and unwillingness to quit
- Proficiency in using Salesforce.com or other CRM
- Experience working with customers and explaining technical products
- Interest in financial services and technical products; a high degree of intellectual curiosity
- Excitement to work in a high-growth environment and to help build processes and tools as needed
- Desire to get (more) technical and the ability to learn the ins and outs of Plaid's APIs
We'd love to hear from you! Apply via our jobs API (below) or send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a resume, LinkedIn, and a short description of your relevant background and interests.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.