Reporting to the VP Customer Service, the Head of Customer Service Philippines is responsible for Cebu operations (Including workforce, technology, and physical plant) delivering compliant tactical execution of operating initiatives across multiple customer service channels (including inbound/outbound voice, email and live chat).
Additionally, the role may include site leadership to support the other WorldRemit teams that work in our Cebu site.
• Leverage customer contact/transaction forecasts to staff and manage 24x7x365 multichannel contact centre operation.
• Recruit/hire/train/manage Customer Support team leaders and infrastructure managers (e.g., Customer Support, quality assurance, training, facilities management, and workforce management).
• Develop and maintain highly valued and responsive suite of customer contact channels, the results of which include exceptional customer contact experiences, exceptional employee experiences, and a cost-efficient technology-driven operation.
• Create an enterprise-aligned, clearly understood and communicated Cebu-site management strategy that favourably impacts revenue and bottom-line financial goals.
• Manage an operating budget of approximately £X million and 300+ FTE’s.
• Develop and implement appropriate and reliable measures and reporting to support achievement of business strategies.
• Coordinate and collaborate with contact centre leaders (London, Denver, etc.), to create and sustain effective contact centre infrastructure teams handling supporting forecasting in language, staffing models, workforce scheduling, and training and employee development, and global compensation and reward systems.
• Be a strong, creative customer and advocate for improved systems to support the CS team and the customer
• Lead initiatives to evaluate, acquire and integrate workforce management solutions into the enterprise operation.
• Provide inspirational and charismatic surprise-free leadership for contact centre staff (customer-facing, infrastructure and back-office), hallmarked by process rigor, appropriate standardization, and consistent performance against targets.
• Serve as a subject-matter expert on customer experience and contact centre operations to the WorldRemit leadership team.
• Collaborate and coordinate with WorldRemit executive team on the development and implementation of contact centre initiatives.
• Develop strategically-aligned objectives and key results (OKRs) and an environment of performance coaching, feedback and reward.
• Ensure all contact centre operations are audited regularly and achieve regulatory and policy compliance.
• Invest appropriately in business transformation and continuous improvement initiatives.
• Recruit and engage exceptional talent.
• Travel as required and as necessary to support operations.
Required Skills & Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field.
• Minimum 12 years of contact centre operations experience, at least 5 years in a senior/site leader role.
• Experience with financial services offerings.
• Site management experience as leader of 24x7x365 operation.
• Has directly led the maturing of a contact centre’s people, process and technology from fast growth to a stable performing platform
• Relevant experience in a management role o within a fast-paced environment, experience in Financial Service preferred. o where Regulatory oversight across multiple jurisdictions was a key factor o where establishing and working with outsourcers has been a key part of the role o where the Operating Model is in development o where the supporting systems were in flux
• Proven track record of building strong stakeholder relationships with internal and external partners.
• Self-starter, able to work independently as well as part of a team.
• A diplomatic and sensitive approach and a calm nature.
• Proven track record of making sound decisions with a strong sense of urgency.
• A genuine passion for differentiating customer service.
• The ability to create, implement and improve demanding processes and procedures.
• Experience of training and motivating high-performing customer service teams across multiple cultures and geographies.
• Strong analytical skills, communication skills, and interpersonal skills.
WorldRemit is an online service that lets people send money to friends and family living abroad, using a computer, smartphone or tablet.
It is a convenient, low-cost alternative to traditional money transfer companies that use high street agents and charge high fees.
Money can be received as a bank deposit, cash pick-up, Mobile Money, or mobile airtime top-up.
WorldRemit’s service is available to senders in 50 countries. We offer transfers to more than 120 destinations across Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia and the Americas.