The Payroll Administrator is responsible for the preparation and processing of biweekly payroll for WorldRemit’s Philippines office. Coordination between Finance, Operations, People and external third parties is key to the timely and accurate processing of payroll and handling of related concerns. This role is responsible for the preparation, analysis and submission of regular payroll, attendance and leaves, statutory and audit reports, among others and ensures compliance with local regulations and adherence to Finance policies including travel and expense policies, etc.
• Review accuracy of approved timesheets and ensure that any changes are valid.
• Calculate earnings, deductions and other payroll special instructions.
• Prepare and process timely and accurate biweekly payroll and maintain payroll records.
• Prepare, monitor and maintain reports detailing overtime, leave balances, headcount (new, transfers, leavers), loans, statutory or benefit contributions, and other payroll related reports for completeness, accuracy and timeliness.
• Manage the attendance or timekeeping system and payroll system from set-up, training, distribution of reports to audit.
• Coordinate with sundry internal and external stakeholders for above and ensure confidentiality of information and validity of data transfers.
• Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly or annual statutory reports including SSS, Philhealth, Pag-Ibig, and BIR, among others, for compliance.
• Identify, investigate and resolve pay disputes within a reasonable turnaround time.
• Answer staff questions professionally on salaries, deductions, attendance, time records and related items.
• Develop, implement and evaluate relevant policies, procedures and process improvements.
Skills & Qualifications
• Educated to Bachelor’s/College Degree level
• At least 5 years’ relevant experience performing different functions in Payroll
• Good working knowledge of local pay and taxation laws
• Experience developing the process flow of transactions in both manual and automated payroll accounting systems
• Excellent Excel and Microsoft Office user
• Very strong written and verbal communications skills
• Proven problem-solver with the confidence to suggest and implement constant improvements
• Self-motivated, organised and able to meet deadlines
• Proactive with naturally high level of attention to detail and accuracy
• Team player, trustworthy and reliable, understands the importance of confidentiality
• Able to work through the many changes and challenges of an evolving start up environment
WorldRemit is an online service that lets people send money to friends and family living abroad, using a computer, smartphone or tablet.
It is a convenient, low-cost alternative to traditional money transfer companies that use high street agents and charge high fees.
Money can be received as a bank deposit, cash pick-up, Mobile Money, or mobile airtime top-up.
WorldRemit’s service is available to senders in 50 countries. We offer transfers to more than 120 destinations across Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia and the Americas.