TransferWise is the smart and simple way to transfer money internationally, with a global mission to make the world of finance both better and fairer.
Co-founded by Skype’s first employee and backed by some of the planet's most experienced innovators, including Sir Richard Branson, we're blowing apart the unfair world of banking.
There are over 600 employees from more than 50 countries working for TransferWise. It’s a global community. Come and join the fun.
We’re looking for a fearless Video Production Intern to join our growing Creative team in New York City. Video plays a huge role in fuelling growth at TransferWise, and you’ll be at the centre of that. You'll be challenged from day 1, but given all the support you need to step up and develop your skills.
You'll have the chance to:
- Film and produce inspiring, engaging, video content, across North America, for TransferWise’s social media channels. From 360 videos to on-the-street vox pops, you’ll produce an eclectic mixture of content with creative control that you’d rarely experience elsewhere.
- Work closely with the North American Creative Lead to produce content that is seen by millions across the continent, with guaranteed support and mentorship to grow as a Video Producer, with the potential for a full time job at the end of it.
- Lead an idea to a reality, managing the video production process - from pre-production, production, to post-production. It’s rare that you ever get to touch all parts of the creative process but at TransferWise, you’ll be encouraged to take that responsibility step by step.
- Cast, prop-source and location scout for video shoots. Sometimes it can be a bit hectic, but you’ll be ready to tackle the task ahead and ‘get it done’. You know the reward of helping more people save money.
A bit about you.
- You are a confident Producer with a strong portfolio of video content. You’re always looking to push the creative boundaries, and test what hasn’t been done before. Perhaps you've studied video production or it's been a hobby for you. We don't mind your background, we're interested to see what you can do.
- You have an inquisitive, creative mind, always thinking of alternative ways to tackle a problem, and you’ll seek to come up with inventive ideas for content that inspires our customers to join TransferWise.
- You aren't daunted by the prospect of Adobe Premiere and After Effects. You can ‘edit in your sleep’ and create viral video perfection.
- You ‘get’ TransferWise. We do things differently, and we are focussed on making the world that little bit fairer for our customers. You put the customer first, and operate with a ‘We’ mindset rather than ‘Me’,
- It’s not essential, but a keen interest in lighting and sound engineering is a huge plus.
Fill in the application, along with a fun, 15 second video on what the best condiment is. Yep, condiment. Go crazy.
Some important stuff we would like you to know
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company, TransferWise needs to take background checks on all new hires, which may include Criminal and Credit checks. Please discuss with the Recruiter if you have any concerns regarding this process.
We want to make sure that our recruitment process is accessible to everyone. So if you need any reasonable adjustments – at any point in the process – we’ll do our best to help. Just let us know what you need on your application form, or drop us an email. You might need a reasonable adjustment if you’ve got a disability. Or maybe you live overseas, and you’d prefer to meet us over Skype.