Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. We’ve taken something complicated and made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website and your international transfer is made – to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries and we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators and payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year and is now processing over £3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$200 million in funding, currently employ over 750 employees and have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong and other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products and services for our customers.
Changing the world isn’t easy – so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, and have the drive to make them happen. You can learn more about our culture and how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
About the Role
The successful HR Ops Manager will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced business environment. You will develop and implement various HR projects and programmes in order to drive the business forward. The role is a great opportunity for a dynamic, resourceful and solutions driven individual who likes to work in an international environment and is keen to make an impact.
The role reports to the VP-People Team and will support the business across EMEA and other regions, eg Africa, acting as an agent of change in the department and the business at large working across all aspect of the function’s remit.
As an HR Ops Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
· Providing a first-class HR service to all employees across the company, supporting on all aspects of the employee lifecycle and working alongside the team of HR Business Partners in the UK, Poland and USA.
· Leading a team who is responsible for managing all the administrative aspects of the employee life cycle process (from hiring and onboarding to exit) as well as managing the monthly payroll cycles in partnership with the Finance team.
· Making recommendations to improve our current HR processes and procedures, looking at more streamlined, more standardised and more efficient ways of working that can support the business in the various regions.
· The management of the HR systems: data input, supplier management, training to other members of the HR organisation, data extraction and reporting.
· Champion company culture and values
Summary of required experience & attributes
· CIPD Qualified desirable
· Previous experience as a team manager in dynamic roles and fast paced environments where process improvement and alignment were at the core of the activities performed.
· Experience across a broad spectrum of HR, learning and development, recruitment, reward, employee relations etc as a leader or as a HR professional
· Solutions focused with an innovative and pragmatic approach to problem solving
· Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to work autonomously with minimal direction
· Able to manage stakeholders from various areas and multiple processes at the same time
· Hands on approach
· Team player and strong team contributor
· Strong coaching skills
· Strong communication skills
· Analytical: able to extract data, analyse and produce insightful reports
WorldRemit is an online service that lets people send money to friends and family living abroad, using a computer, smartphone or tablet.
It is a convenient, low-cost alternative to traditional money transfer companies that use high street agents and charge high fees.
Money can be received as a bank deposit, cash pick-up, Mobile Money, or mobile airtime top-up.
WorldRemit’s service is available to senders in 50 countries. We offer transfers to more than 120 destinations across Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia and the Americas.