Are you interested in Invoice Finance and looking for variety from your next job? Do you think of yourself as a player a not just a manager? Like to lead by example and have a great eye for detail? If this sounds like you, read on…
As a Business Support Manager you will create fans with your strong leadership skills and hands on approach, resulting in a smooth and enjoyable customer experience. You will work with a variety of people; Customers, Colleagues and 3rd party suppliers.
So what would you be doing?...
• Leading, inspiring and nurturing your team to provide an excellent experience for our customers
• Making sure customer information is kept accurately and safely, using our CRM and Dancerace systems (we will teach you how to use them!)
• Putting together information and delivering it to the frontline and leadership IF teams
• Supporting the Business Development Directors and Relationship Managers including: logging leads, managing pipelines, sending out a variety of documents to our customers, completing searches and amending customer facilities
• Keeping your team motivated to exceed expectations in your daily huddles
• Taking part in regular trading meetings and calls
• Catching up with your team members in regular 121’s
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• It would be great if you have worked in IF before as you will understand some of the jargon, but this is not essential
• You need to be organised, efficient, attend to every detail, take ownership and most importantly have a desire to deliver amazing customer service!
• Be prepared to become an expert in onboarding new customers and supporting existing customers, and are able to prioritise tasks
• You might have be familiar with the legal documentation issued to our invoice finance, business or commercial banking customers. Issuing these documents will be a big part of the role
• Ideally you will have held a leadership role previously
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Good luck!
What makes Metro Bank unique? The answer’s simple. It’s our people. We put 100% into supporting our colleagues in reaching their full potential. And because each of our stores is deeply rooted in the community it serves, colleagues have a strong understanding of the needs and ambitions of the customers and businesses in their neighbourhood.
There's a big focus on investing in colleagues here. Whether it's through the mentoring programme, training courses at Metro Bank University or just managers taking the time to really understand the direction that people want to progress in – the opportunities are endless. We want colleagues to feel nurtured and supported.
We want colleagues to bring their whole personality to work – not leave their best bits at the door. Our store and contact centre colleagues are driven by providing outstanding service, not sales targets. What we do have are outstanding career opportunities and a flexible, diverse and vibrant environment. We take what we do seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We want Metro Bank to be an amazing place to work because that attracts the best people, which means happy customers and colleagues.
Our success is down to our colleagues and we want everyone to be able to share in that success. All our colleagues receive share options, meaning everyone can personally benefit from the bank’s growth and achievements -from the front line colleagues in store to backroom colleagues keeping things running smoothly.
We think everyone should feel comfortable and be the very best they can, so we have colleague-led groups there to help make that happen, from Women on Work to support our female colleagues, to M Pride, our inclusive-LGBT network, set-up to enable our colleagues to celebrate and promote inclusion.
We’ve built a different kind of high street bank. A bank with stores that are open when it suits you, 7 days a week. A bank where you can walk in without an appointment and walk out with a working account, debit card and all. A bank that tells you exactly what you’re getting, in language that actually makes sense. A bank that puts you first.
Metro Bank first opened its doors in the summer of 2010, the first high street bank to open in the UK in over 100 years.
Every store is open 7 days a week, and from 8am–8pm on weekdays. No need to book an appointment, just walk in at a time that is right for you.
We keep our products simple and we do the same for our rates and charges, so you’ll always know exactly what you’re getting. No more nasty surprises in the small print.
Kids matter at Metro Bank. Every year we help thousands of children take their first steps with money. We encourage them to save and count their coins using our Magic Money Machines and learn about budgeting with our financial education programme.