Are you a change champion within regulatory reporting? Do you obsess over attending to every detail? Can you create fans by assessing and communicating policy changes quickly and accurately? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the Regulatory Reporting Change Manager, you will keep up-to-date with upcoming policy changes from the Bank’s regulators. You will assess the impact of these policy changes and make sure that we are compliant with all regulations so that our lovely customers are protected. You will nurture great relationships with lots of different teams across the Bank, as well as our regulators, in order to help shape the regulatory reporting function.
So what would you be doing?...
• Keeping up-to-date and well informed with regulatory changes
• Developing reconciliation processes and sign-off procedures for major returns
• Finding new ways to enhance the reporting procedures
• Taking a lead on end user testing of new solutions being built to meet requirements
• Producing regulatory reports and presenting to executives
• Leading on continuous improvement initiatives
• Supporting on strategic planning
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something - we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• In order to exceed in this role you need to have regulatory reporting experience within a financial services organisation, preferably banking
• It’s also really important that you have a proven track record of delivering measurable change and improvement to an organisation
• You will be confident in producing Financial Reporting (FINREP), Common Reporting (COREP) and Liquidity returns
• Excellent communication skills will be second nature to you and you will be able to explain change within regulatory reporting to leaders across the Bank effortlessly
• It would be fantastic if you have a professional accounting qualification such as ACA, ACCA or CIMA but this is not necessary
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Good luck!
What makes Metro Bank unique? The answer’s simple. It’s our people. We put 100% into supporting our colleagues in reaching their full potential. And because each of our stores is deeply rooted in the community it serves, colleagues have a strong understanding of the needs and ambitions of the customers and businesses in their neighbourhood.
There's a big focus on investing in colleagues here. Whether it's through the mentoring programme, training courses at Metro Bank University or just managers taking the time to really understand the direction that people want to progress in – the opportunities are endless. We want colleagues to feel nurtured and supported.
We want colleagues to bring their whole personality to work – not leave their best bits at the door. Our store and contact centre colleagues are driven by providing outstanding service, not sales targets. What we do have are outstanding career opportunities and a flexible, diverse and vibrant environment. We take what we do seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We want Metro Bank to be an amazing place to work because that attracts the best people, which means happy customers and colleagues.
Our success is down to our colleagues and we want everyone to be able to share in that success. All our colleagues receive share options, meaning everyone can personally benefit from the bank’s growth and achievements -from the front line colleagues in store to backroom colleagues keeping things running smoothly.
We think everyone should feel comfortable and be the very best they can, so we have colleague-led groups there to help make that happen, from Women on Work to support our female colleagues, to M Pride, our inclusive-LGBT network, set-up to enable our colleagues to celebrate and promote inclusion.
We’ve built a different kind of high street bank. A bank with stores that are open when it suits you, 7 days a week. A bank where you can walk in without an appointment and walk out with a working account, debit card and all. A bank that tells you exactly what you’re getting, in language that actually makes sense. A bank that puts you first.
Metro Bank first opened its doors in the summer of 2010, the first high street bank to open in the UK in over 100 years.
Every store is open 7 days a week, and from 8am–8pm on weekdays. No need to book an appointment, just walk in at a time that is right for you.
We keep our products simple and we do the same for our rates and charges, so you’ll always know exactly what you’re getting. No more nasty surprises in the small print.
Kids matter at Metro Bank. Every year we help thousands of children take their first steps with money. We encourage them to save and count their coins using our Magic Money Machines and learn about budgeting with our financial education programme.