Are you a qualified Tax Accountant with an amazing eye for detail? Do you love using your accounting knowledge to challenge and influence colleagues? Do you want to create fans in our amazing customer focusses Bank? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As Tax Accountant you will take responsibility for all aspects of the banks direct and indirect tax within asset and invoice finance. You will work closely with the Head of Tax and support them with all things Tax! This role is pivotal to our wonderful finance team, who provide integral financial information and advice, meaning that we can continue to grow at a rapid pace and create even more fans.
So what will you be doing?
• Preparing annual and quarterly VAT returns for the bank
• Providing accounting analysis to our external tax advisors and assisting with the banks currency transaction reports
• Making sure the financial tax controls are in place for the preparation of Tax balance sheet reconciliations
• Supporting the Head of Tax on Property related matters such as stamp duty land tax and capital allowances
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• You will need to hold the CTA certificate (Chartered Tax qualification)
• In order to hit the ground running; you will have previous experience working either for a tax advisory firm or within a financial services company
• It would be advantageous if you have knowledge of asset and invoice finance
• Naturally you will have super excel skills
• If you have operational experience with direct or indirect tax that would be fantastic
• We need you to travel to Guildford from time to time, although the role primarily based in London
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Good luck!
What makes Metro Bank unique? The answer’s simple. It’s our people. We put 100% into supporting our colleagues in reaching their full potential. And because each of our stores is deeply rooted in the community it serves, colleagues have a strong understanding of the needs and ambitions of the customers and businesses in their neighbourhood.
There's a big focus on investing in colleagues here. Whether it's through the mentoring programme, training courses at Metro Bank University or just managers taking the time to really understand the direction that people want to progress in – the opportunities are endless. We want colleagues to feel nurtured and supported.
We want colleagues to bring their whole personality to work – not leave their best bits at the door. Our store and contact centre colleagues are driven by providing outstanding service, not sales targets. What we do have are outstanding career opportunities and a flexible, diverse and vibrant environment. We take what we do seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We want Metro Bank to be an amazing place to work because that attracts the best people, which means happy customers and colleagues.
Our success is down to our colleagues and we want everyone to be able to share in that success. All our colleagues receive share options, meaning everyone can personally benefit from the bank’s growth and achievements -from the front line colleagues in store to backroom colleagues keeping things running smoothly.
We think everyone should feel comfortable and be the very best they can, so we have colleague-led groups there to help make that happen, from Women on Work to support our female colleagues, to M Pride, our inclusive-LGBT network, set-up to enable our colleagues to celebrate and promote inclusion.
We’ve built a different kind of high street bank. A bank with stores that are open when it suits you, 7 days a week. A bank where you can walk in without an appointment and walk out with a working account, debit card and all. A bank that tells you exactly what you’re getting, in language that actually makes sense. A bank that puts you first.
Metro Bank first opened its doors in the summer of 2010, the first high street bank to open in the UK in over 100 years.
Every store is open 7 days a week, and from 8am–8pm on weekdays. No need to book an appointment, just walk in at a time that is right for you.
We keep our products simple and we do the same for our rates and charges, so you’ll always know exactly what you’re getting. No more nasty surprises in the small print.
Kids matter at Metro Bank. Every year we help thousands of children take their first steps with money. We encourage them to save and count their coins using our Magic Money Machines and learn about budgeting with our financial education programme.