Do you have a good eye for detail? Do you love nurturing colleagues? Can you deliver amazing training sessions? Can you work independently? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As a Regional Trainer, you will design and deliver creative and effective training solutions that enhance Metro Bank's amazing culture. You will inspire colleagues by designing and delivering energetic, high quality classroom and 1:1 training that enables them to provide excellent customer service internally and externally.
So what would you be doing?...
• Acting as a champion for training and development in our Northern region
• Aiding colleagues to deliver the best possible customer service in our stores
• Inspiring colleagues by delivering energetic, high quality classroom and 1:1 training in an effective and motivational way
• Project managing the design of training programmes and interventions by consulting with colleagues across the Bank
• Evaluating the effectiveness of training to make sure business requirements are met
• Nurturing through effective 1:1 coaching in the live and learning environment
• Staying on top of the latest training trends to design and deliver the best possible learning experience for colleagues
• Traveling to multiple stores to support and train new colleagues new to the Bank
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Comfortable working as part as a team but also being able to fly solo when you need to
And whilst we always aim to train for skill where possible, on this occasion we are looking for someone who is already able to do all these wonderful things...
• We need you to be confident in working independently and confident of delivering a wide range of training sessions
• In order to be fantastic in this role you will have experience of delivering training sessions
• Naturally, you will be passionate about customers and ways to improve customer experience
• Ideally CITP qualified, but this is not essential
• We need you to be a great at building relationship and confident of influencing store colleagues
• It would be amazing if you had previous experience training employees at multiple stages of their career development
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Good luck!
What makes Metro Bank unique? The answer’s simple. It’s our people. We put 100% into supporting our colleagues in reaching their full potential. And because each of our stores is deeply rooted in the community it serves, colleagues have a strong understanding of the needs and ambitions of the customers and businesses in their neighbourhood.
There's a big focus on investing in colleagues here. Whether it's through the mentoring programme, training courses at Metro Bank University or just managers taking the time to really understand the direction that people want to progress in – the opportunities are endless. We want colleagues to feel nurtured and supported.
We want colleagues to bring their whole personality to work – not leave their best bits at the door. Our store and contact centre colleagues are driven by providing outstanding service, not sales targets. What we do have are outstanding career opportunities and a flexible, diverse and vibrant environment. We take what we do seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We want Metro Bank to be an amazing place to work because that attracts the best people, which means happy customers and colleagues.
Our success is down to our colleagues and we want everyone to be able to share in that success. All our colleagues receive share options, meaning everyone can personally benefit from the bank’s growth and achievements -from the front line colleagues in store to backroom colleagues keeping things running smoothly.
We think everyone should feel comfortable and be the very best they can, so we have colleague-led groups there to help make that happen, from Women on Work to support our female colleagues, to M Pride, our inclusive-LGBT network, set-up to enable our colleagues to celebrate and promote inclusion.
We’ve built a different kind of high street bank. A bank with stores that are open when it suits you, 7 days a week. A bank where you can walk in without an appointment and walk out with a working account, debit card and all. A bank that tells you exactly what you’re getting, in language that actually makes sense. A bank that puts you first.
Metro Bank first opened its doors in the summer of 2010, the first high street bank to open in the UK in over 100 years.
Every store is open 7 days a week, and from 8am–8pm on weekdays. No need to book an appointment, just walk in at a time that is right for you.
We keep our products simple and we do the same for our rates and charges, so you’ll always know exactly what you’re getting. No more nasty surprises in the small print.
Kids matter at Metro Bank. Every year we help thousands of children take their first steps with money. We encourage them to save and count their coins using our Magic Money Machines and learn about budgeting with our financial education programme.