Do you love leading a variety of programmes? Can you wow with your broad programme management experience? Are you interested in joining the British banking revolution? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As a Programme Manager, you will be working closely with colleagues across the Bank to deliver business critical change programmes. This role will sit primarily in our Smart Growth portfolio which is influential in delivering a wide range of initiatives targeted at improving the banks overall efficiency, promoting growth and scalability whilst ultimately improving our customer experience.
As part of your role you will be delivering the solutions, processes and systems to agreed time, cost and quality. Stakeholder management and communication will be second nature to you. You will lead, making sure the programme and its project work streams follow the Metro Bank change methodology, meaning that we can differentiate ourselves in the market.
So what would you be doing?...
• Working with stakeholders across the Bank to deliver change programmes
• Leading the end to end delivery, including impact assessment, development, testing and implementation of IT solutions
• Setting objectives, reporting progress and carefully managing delivery risks and dependencies
• Managing the scope of the programme
• Making sure the solution is future-proofed to meet our vision
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• In order to exceed in this role you need to have broad end to end programme management experience within a financial services organisation, preferably banking
• You will have experience overseeing work streams to build business cases, business user requirements and functional specifications
• Naturally you will be used to working with colleagues at Director or C-Level
• You need to have previous experience working with Waterfall and Agile methodologies, with budget ownership of £5m+
• It’s really important that you have experience anticipating, identifying and managing risks in programme delivery
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Good luck!
What makes Metro Bank unique? The answer’s simple. It’s our people. We put 100% into supporting our colleagues in reaching their full potential. And because each of our stores is deeply rooted in the community it serves, colleagues have a strong understanding of the needs and ambitions of the customers and businesses in their neighbourhood.
There's a big focus on investing in colleagues here. Whether it's through the mentoring programme, training courses at Metro Bank University or just managers taking the time to really understand the direction that people want to progress in – the opportunities are endless. We want colleagues to feel nurtured and supported.
We want colleagues to bring their whole personality to work – not leave their best bits at the door. Our store and contact centre colleagues are driven by providing outstanding service, not sales targets. What we do have are outstanding career opportunities and a flexible, diverse and vibrant environment. We take what we do seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We want Metro Bank to be an amazing place to work because that attracts the best people, which means happy customers and colleagues.
Our success is down to our colleagues and we want everyone to be able to share in that success. All our colleagues receive share options, meaning everyone can personally benefit from the bank’s growth and achievements -from the front line colleagues in store to backroom colleagues keeping things running smoothly.
We think everyone should feel comfortable and be the very best they can, so we have colleague-led groups there to help make that happen, from Women on Work to support our female colleagues, to M Pride, our inclusive-LGBT network, set-up to enable our colleagues to celebrate and promote inclusion.
We’ve built a different kind of high street bank. A bank with stores that are open when it suits you, 7 days a week. A bank where you can walk in without an appointment and walk out with a working account, debit card and all. A bank that tells you exactly what you’re getting, in language that actually makes sense. A bank that puts you first.
Metro Bank first opened its doors in the summer of 2010, the first high street bank to open in the UK in over 100 years.
Every store is open 7 days a week, and from 8am–8pm on weekdays. No need to book an appointment, just walk in at a time that is right for you.
We keep our products simple and we do the same for our rates and charges, so you’ll always know exactly what you’re getting. No more nasty surprises in the small print.
Kids matter at Metro Bank. Every year we help thousands of children take their first steps with money. We encourage them to save and count their coins using our Magic Money Machines and learn about budgeting with our financial education programme.