Are you passionate about Supplier Risk, at ease working across multiple risk domains (Conduct, Financial Crime, Operational, Regulatory and Security)? Does working in a dynamic and fast-growing environment excite you? Can you create fans and build amazing relationships? If yes, then look no further, as we may have the role for you!
As a Supplier Risk Manager, you will be responsible for supplier due diligence and supplier management conformance testing. You will work with multiple areas on a daily basis offering your expertise across a broad range of supplier categories. You will also work closely with the Lead Supplier Risk Manager to refresh and calibrate what we do according to new regulations and company policies.
So what would you be doing?...
• Providing support, check and challenge to the business in identifying and assessing supplier risk
• Delivering centralised supplier due diligence and supplier management conformance testing, ensuring they align to the wider business solution requirements
• Influencing across the Bank up to and including the leadership team
• Working closely with Procurement and various SME teams across the Bank
• Examining large amount of data to facilitate meaningful analysis of the Bank's exposure to supplier risk
• Running Supplier Risk training sessions for new and existing colleagues
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Naturally, you will have some experience of supplier risk across multiple risk domains
• In order to really succeed in this role, you will be used to managing changing priorities, tight deadlines and stakeholder relationships
• You will have strong people skills, with the gravitas to support, challenge and influence colleagues at all levels
• You do not need to have worked in a Bank previously – we would still love to hear from you, although it would be advantageous if you are currently working for a consultancy or in Financial Services
• It would be fantastic if you have delivered risk management efficiency through automation
What makes Metro Bank unique? The answer’s simple. It’s our people. We put 100% into supporting our colleagues in reaching their full potential. And because each of our stores is deeply rooted in the community it serves, colleagues have a strong understanding of the needs and ambitions of the customers and businesses in their neighbourhood.
There's a big focus on investing in colleagues here. Whether it's through the mentoring programme, training courses at Metro Bank University or just managers taking the time to really understand the direction that people want to progress in – the opportunities are endless. We want colleagues to feel nurtured and supported.
We want colleagues to bring their whole personality to work – not leave their best bits at the door. Our store and contact centre colleagues are driven by providing outstanding service, not sales targets. What we do have are outstanding career opportunities and a flexible, diverse and vibrant environment. We take what we do seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We want Metro Bank to be an amazing place to work because that attracts the best people, which means happy customers and colleagues.
Our success is down to our colleagues and we want everyone to be able to share in that success. All our colleagues receive share options, meaning everyone can personally benefit from the bank’s growth and achievements -from the front line colleagues in store to backroom colleagues keeping things running smoothly.
We think everyone should feel comfortable and be the very best they can, so we have colleague-led groups there to help make that happen, from Women on Work to support our female colleagues, to M Pride, our inclusive-LGBT network, set-up to enable our colleagues to celebrate and promote inclusion.
We’ve built a different kind of high street bank. A bank with stores that are open when it suits you, 7 days a week. A bank where you can walk in without an appointment and walk out with a working account, debit card and all. A bank that tells you exactly what you’re getting, in language that actually makes sense. A bank that puts you first.
Metro Bank first opened its doors in the summer of 2010, the first high street bank to open in the UK in over 100 years.
Every store is open 7 days a week, and from 8am–8pm on weekdays. No need to book an appointment, just walk in at a time that is right for you.
We keep our products simple and we do the same for our rates and charges, so you’ll always know exactly what you’re getting. No more nasty surprises in the small print.
Kids matter at Metro Bank. Every year we help thousands of children take their first steps with money. We encourage them to save and count their coins using our Magic Money Machines and learn about budgeting with our financial education programme.