Are you the go to person when it comes to all things secured lending products? Can you share your amazing product development knowledge? Would you like to lead the new proposition development for Metro Bank? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As a Lead Product Manager, you will lead on a number of exciting initiatives funded by our recent Capability & Innovation (C&I) fund win. You will be working on amazing propositions like a Revolving Credit Facility (RCF) and Secured Lending Transformation. This will be a fantastic opportunity to help Metro Bank deliver a suite of new lending options for SMEs, so that they can get access to the finance they need in a matter of minutes.
So what would you be doing?...
• Leading analytics, forecasting, tracking and pricing of RCF and secured lending transformation products
• Building a deep understanding of who our customers are and their requirements
• Taking a lead on key product projects – from proposition all the way through to delivery
• Working closely with our commercial distribution teams, to make sure the propositions you develop will meet customers’ needs
• Developing and delivering strategy to grow and manage our RCF and secured lending transformation products
• Keeping up to date with customer trends and pricing, as well as market and competitor innovations
• Identifying where we can improve products and processes
• Leading product risk management, including regular product reviews
• Working closely with the suppliers to deliver new propositions
• Leading on the new incorporate platform decision tool development and launch of the secured lending platform
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things…
• Naturally, you will have previous experience working in product management and development. It would be fantastic if you have specific commercial lending experience, and have built secured lending propositions in the past
• You will understand the importance of engaging key stakeholders in driving change and delivering the best outcomes for customers
• In order to excel in this role, you need to be able to manage the product set effectively to meet the needs of our customers, and to be able to price it appropriately
• You’ll need to have a robust risk management approach, being able to keep an eye out of the risks and issues we face within our business
• Ideally you will have experience working with suppliers
What makes Metro Bank unique? The answer’s simple. It’s our people. We put 100% into supporting our colleagues in reaching their full potential. And because each of our stores is deeply rooted in the community it serves, colleagues have a strong understanding of the needs and ambitions of the customers and businesses in their neighbourhood.
There's a big focus on investing in colleagues here. Whether it's through the mentoring programme, training courses at Metro Bank University or just managers taking the time to really understand the direction that people want to progress in – the opportunities are endless. We want colleagues to feel nurtured and supported.
We want colleagues to bring their whole personality to work – not leave their best bits at the door. Our store and contact centre colleagues are driven by providing outstanding service, not sales targets. What we do have are outstanding career opportunities and a flexible, diverse and vibrant environment. We take what we do seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We want Metro Bank to be an amazing place to work because that attracts the best people, which means happy customers and colleagues.
Our success is down to our colleagues and we want everyone to be able to share in that success. All our colleagues receive share options, meaning everyone can personally benefit from the bank’s growth and achievements -from the front line colleagues in store to backroom colleagues keeping things running smoothly.
We think everyone should feel comfortable and be the very best they can, so we have colleague-led groups there to help make that happen, from Women on Work to support our female colleagues, to M Pride, our inclusive-LGBT network, set-up to enable our colleagues to celebrate and promote inclusion.
We’ve built a different kind of high street bank. A bank with stores that are open when it suits you, 7 days a week. A bank where you can walk in without an appointment and walk out with a working account, debit card and all. A bank that tells you exactly what you’re getting, in language that actually makes sense. A bank that puts you first.
Metro Bank first opened its doors in the summer of 2010, the first high street bank to open in the UK in over 100 years.
Every store is open 7 days a week, and from 8am–8pm on weekdays. No need to book an appointment, just walk in at a time that is right for you.
We keep our products simple and we do the same for our rates and charges, so you’ll always know exactly what you’re getting. No more nasty surprises in the small print.
Kids matter at Metro Bank. Every year we help thousands of children take their first steps with money. We encourage them to save and count their coins using our Magic Money Machines and learn about budgeting with our financial education programme.