Are you an Oracle guru? Are you comfortable translating technical requirements into non-technical language? Are you customer fixated, and do you want to work for a Bank that puts customers first? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
Our Oracle Development team is responsible for development across the Oracle estate, they work with other applications and platform development teams to deliver amazing solutions as part of our change programme. Our Oracle Developer will be integral to the success of the team, and will take responsibility for making and maintaining fantastic data integrations and data API’s.
So what would you be doing?...
• Translating technical requirements into solutions
• Looking after and developing our data services suite
• Using Oracle SQL Developer to design and develop changes to meet project deadlines
• Embedding quality controls and processes within your team
• Driving continuous improvement within your team
• Interacting with colleagues at all levels across the Bank – including Change and IT
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Naturally you will have some experience with Oracle Development (PL/SQL) with an expert understanding of Oracle packages and procedures
• In order to exceed in this role, you will have an understanding of Oracle XMLTable and XMLExtract functions and XML data structures and a good understanding of Oracle BLOBs, CLOBs, and XMLTypes as well as exposure to Oracle Goldengate would be advantageous
• It would be fantastic if you have some experience with Linux and exposure to version control tools such as subversion/GIT
• Data Warehouse knowledge would be advantageous
• Exposure and understanding of writing secure code a real bonus
• Knowledge of Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) ELT suite would be helpful but not essential
What makes Metro Bank unique? The answer’s simple. It’s our people. We put 100% into supporting our colleagues in reaching their full potential. And because each of our stores is deeply rooted in the community it serves, colleagues have a strong understanding of the needs and ambitions of the customers and businesses in their neighbourhood.
There's a big focus on investing in colleagues here. Whether it's through the mentoring programme, training courses at Metro Bank University or just managers taking the time to really understand the direction that people want to progress in – the opportunities are endless. We want colleagues to feel nurtured and supported.
We want colleagues to bring their whole personality to work – not leave their best bits at the door. Our store and contact centre colleagues are driven by providing outstanding service, not sales targets. What we do have are outstanding career opportunities and a flexible, diverse and vibrant environment. We take what we do seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We want Metro Bank to be an amazing place to work because that attracts the best people, which means happy customers and colleagues.
Our success is down to our colleagues and we want everyone to be able to share in that success. All our colleagues receive share options, meaning everyone can personally benefit from the bank’s growth and achievements -from the front line colleagues in store to backroom colleagues keeping things running smoothly.
We think everyone should feel comfortable and be the very best they can, so we have colleague-led groups there to help make that happen, from Women on Work to support our female colleagues, to M Pride, our inclusive-LGBT network, set-up to enable our colleagues to celebrate and promote inclusion.
We’ve built a different kind of high street bank. A bank with stores that are open when it suits you, 7 days a week. A bank where you can walk in without an appointment and walk out with a working account, debit card and all. A bank that tells you exactly what you’re getting, in language that actually makes sense. A bank that puts you first.
Metro Bank first opened its doors in the summer of 2010, the first high street bank to open in the UK in over 100 years.
Every store is open 7 days a week, and from 8am–8pm on weekdays. No need to book an appointment, just walk in at a time that is right for you.
We keep our products simple and we do the same for our rates and charges, so you’ll always know exactly what you’re getting. No more nasty surprises in the small print.
Kids matter at Metro Bank. Every year we help thousands of children take their first steps with money. We encourage them to save and count their coins using our Magic Money Machines and learn about budgeting with our financial education programme.