Are you the go to person when it comes to all things lending? Do you have experience building long lasting relationships? Can you help us build Metro Bank’s loans proposition? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the Head Loans, you will look after personal loans in retail and business space. You will have full ownership of your products, including P&L, pricing, performance and risk management. A key part of your role will be delivering our new lending platform for small businesses. You’ll take ownership of all propositional development in the retail and business loans space including leadership of strategic projects. You will have an amazing opportunity to work and build relationships with our key strategic partners.
So what would you be doing?...
• Delivering our new lending platform for small businesses
• Owning the end to end product management of all retail and business loan products
• Establishing a vision and strategic direction for the team, and a roadmap for delivery
• Running a team that looks after our loan products in the retail and business space
• Leading on key unsecured lending initiatives – from tactical fixes and incremental improvement projects to larger, strategic programmes
• Making sure the Loans team is closely aligned with other business functions that support delivery of products to customers
• Representing Loans in leadership forums, risk committees and external meetings with regulators and third parties
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things…
• In order to be amazing in this role, you’ll need extensive end to end product management experience, you may have been a Lead Product Manager or Head of Banking Products with team management skills
• Naturally you will have an understanding of propositional development process, product innovation and business case development
• We need you to have commercial and financial modelling experience and knowledge of core IT concepts
• Understanding of banking regulation and the regulatory environment is really important
• It would be great if you are able to map and analyse customer journeys draw insights from customer feedback
• Ideally you will have great negotiation skills and experience building and running partnerships with third parties
What makes Metro Bank unique? The answer’s simple. It’s our people. We put 100% into supporting our colleagues in reaching their full potential. And because each of our stores is deeply rooted in the community it serves, colleagues have a strong understanding of the needs and ambitions of the customers and businesses in their neighbourhood.
There's a big focus on investing in colleagues here. Whether it's through the mentoring programme, training courses at Metro Bank University or just managers taking the time to really understand the direction that people want to progress in – the opportunities are endless. We want colleagues to feel nurtured and supported.
We want colleagues to bring their whole personality to work – not leave their best bits at the door. Our store and contact centre colleagues are driven by providing outstanding service, not sales targets. What we do have are outstanding career opportunities and a flexible, diverse and vibrant environment. We take what we do seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We want Metro Bank to be an amazing place to work because that attracts the best people, which means happy customers and colleagues.
Our success is down to our colleagues and we want everyone to be able to share in that success. All our colleagues receive share options, meaning everyone can personally benefit from the bank’s growth and achievements -from the front line colleagues in store to backroom colleagues keeping things running smoothly.
We think everyone should feel comfortable and be the very best they can, so we have colleague-led groups there to help make that happen, from Women on Work to support our female colleagues, to M Pride, our inclusive-LGBT network, set-up to enable our colleagues to celebrate and promote inclusion.
We’ve built a different kind of high street bank. A bank with stores that are open when it suits you, 7 days a week. A bank where you can walk in without an appointment and walk out with a working account, debit card and all. A bank that tells you exactly what you’re getting, in language that actually makes sense. A bank that puts you first.
Metro Bank first opened its doors in the summer of 2010, the first high street bank to open in the UK in over 100 years.
Every store is open 7 days a week, and from 8am–8pm on weekdays. No need to book an appointment, just walk in at a time that is right for you.
We keep our products simple and we do the same for our rates and charges, so you’ll always know exactly what you’re getting. No more nasty surprises in the small print.
Kids matter at Metro Bank. Every year we help thousands of children take their first steps with money. We encourage them to save and count their coins using our Magic Money Machines and learn about budgeting with our financial education programme.