Are you a go to risk expert for your colleagues? Would you like to help shape a growing specialist risk function? Do you want to join a revolutionary Bank and manage risk associated with innovative and exciting digital capabilities? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As a Risk Manager within Customer Strategy and Innovation (CSI) you will provide first line risk support to multiple business areas, including: Products, Communication, Data, Digital and Delivery. At Metro Bank, we put our customers at the heart of everything that we do. You will be instrumental in providing this unparalleled customer service by helping us to develop simple products, services and processes with your fantastic risk management experience.
So what would you be doing?...
• Embedding and evolving the CSI risk management framework
• Looking after risk management and providing support where required
• Running the Data, Digital, Products and Communications forums that feed into the CSI Risk committee
• Working with the leadership team to maintain the CSI RSCA Risk “heatmaps” and tracking management action plans
• Working closely with wider teams to make sure there is alignment with our enterprise wide risk strategy
• Having oversight of business area incidents and making sure that details are captured appropriately and timely according to the incident management framework
• Completing root cause analysis
• Providing reporting on CSI risk management and having an oversight of KRI reporting, tolerances and action plans
You need to be this kind of person...
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Naturally, you will have extensive experience of risk management – either gained in a Risk function or working for one of the regulators
• You need to have a good knowledge and understanding of regulations, ideally including the FCA Handbook, CONC (and related Consumer Credit legislation), BCOBS, MCOBs, as well as knowledge of Payment Services Regulations and GDPR
• It would be great if you are familiar with risk management objectives and processes
• In order to be amazing in this role, you need to have experience developing and overseeing conduct risk, such as in instilling product governance controls
• You will be a good communicator and be able to outline simple and pragmatic solutions
• Ideally, you will have an understanding of the purpose of Conduct MI and risk reporting
What makes Metro Bank unique? The answer’s simple. It’s our people. We put 100% into supporting our colleagues in reaching their full potential. And because each of our stores is deeply rooted in the community it serves, colleagues have a strong understanding of the needs and ambitions of the customers and businesses in their neighbourhood.
There's a big focus on investing in colleagues here. Whether it's through the mentoring programme, training courses at Metro Bank University or just managers taking the time to really understand the direction that people want to progress in – the opportunities are endless. We want colleagues to feel nurtured and supported.
We want colleagues to bring their whole personality to work – not leave their best bits at the door. Our store and contact centre colleagues are driven by providing outstanding service, not sales targets. What we do have are outstanding career opportunities and a flexible, diverse and vibrant environment. We take what we do seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We want Metro Bank to be an amazing place to work because that attracts the best people, which means happy customers and colleagues.
Our success is down to our colleagues and we want everyone to be able to share in that success. All our colleagues receive share options, meaning everyone can personally benefit from the bank’s growth and achievements -from the front line colleagues in store to backroom colleagues keeping things running smoothly.
We think everyone should feel comfortable and be the very best they can, so we have colleague-led groups there to help make that happen, from Women on Work to support our female colleagues, to M Pride, our inclusive-LGBT network, set-up to enable our colleagues to celebrate and promote inclusion.
We’ve built a different kind of high street bank. A bank with stores that are open when it suits you, 7 days a week. A bank where you can walk in without an appointment and walk out with a working account, debit card and all. A bank that tells you exactly what you’re getting, in language that actually makes sense. A bank that puts you first.
Metro Bank first opened its doors in the summer of 2010, the first high street bank to open in the UK in over 100 years.
Every store is open 7 days a week, and from 8am–8pm on weekdays. No need to book an appointment, just walk in at a time that is right for you.
We keep our products simple and we do the same for our rates and charges, so you’ll always know exactly what you’re getting. No more nasty surprises in the small print.
Kids matter at Metro Bank. Every year we help thousands of children take their first steps with money. We encourage them to save and count their coins using our Magic Money Machines and learn about budgeting with our financial education programme.