Are you a debt capital markets specialist? Do you thrive on positioning a corporate message and delivering financial analysis? Can you drive forward all investor relations activity, providing unparalleled levels of service as you go? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
Our Investor Relations team develop great investor relationships and create new fans in the capital markets by telling our story. As an Investor Relations Manager, you will provide key and detailed metrics to shareholders, analysts and the wider investment community. You will be responsible for financial analysis of our Bank and our listed peers, working closely with the Director of Investor Relations in order to provide insight and support to colleagues, our leadership team and external stakeholders.
So what will you be doing….
• Initiating and developing credit ratings agency relationships and supporting on capital raises
• Running the consensus model to track our forecasts in our long term plans against analyst estimates
• Analysing analyst and investor models and reports
• Supporting with annual reports and our results preparations, as well as quarterly press releases
• Attending and, where appropriate, hosting analyst and investor calls or meetings
• Interacting with shareholder advisory services on corporate governance
• Producing investor targeting analysis
• Researching and responding to investor and analyst queries in a timely manner
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we wonder what might be the issue if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• In order to exceed in this role, you will have an excellent understanding of debt markets and ratings agencies
• You will come from an investment banking, investor relations or ratings agency background, preferably a client-facing role
• Strong financial modelling experience is key
• You will have solid knowledge of Bank capital requirements and regulations
• Naturally, you will have fantastic communication skills
• Knowledge of listing rules and disclosure and transparency rules would be really great
• ACA or CFA qualifications are desirable but are not essential
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!
What makes Metro Bank unique? The answer’s simple. It’s our people. We put 100% into supporting our colleagues in reaching their full potential. And because each of our stores is deeply rooted in the community it serves, colleagues have a strong understanding of the needs and ambitions of the customers and businesses in their neighbourhood.
There's a big focus on investing in colleagues here. Whether it's through the mentoring programme, training courses at Metro Bank University or just managers taking the time to really understand the direction that people want to progress in – the opportunities are endless. We want colleagues to feel nurtured and supported.
We want colleagues to bring their whole personality to work – not leave their best bits at the door. Our store and contact centre colleagues are driven by providing outstanding service, not sales targets. What we do have are outstanding career opportunities and a flexible, diverse and vibrant environment. We take what we do seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We want Metro Bank to be an amazing place to work because that attracts the best people, which means happy customers and colleagues.
Our success is down to our colleagues and we want everyone to be able to share in that success. All our colleagues receive share options, meaning everyone can personally benefit from the bank’s growth and achievements -from the front line colleagues in store to backroom colleagues keeping things running smoothly.
We think everyone should feel comfortable and be the very best they can, so we have colleague-led groups there to help make that happen, from Women on Work to support our female colleagues, to M Pride, our inclusive-LGBT network, set-up to enable our colleagues to celebrate and promote inclusion.
We’ve built a different kind of high street bank. A bank with stores that are open when it suits you, 7 days a week. A bank where you can walk in without an appointment and walk out with a working account, debit card and all. A bank that tells you exactly what you’re getting, in language that actually makes sense. A bank that puts you first.
Metro Bank first opened its doors in the summer of 2010, the first high street bank to open in the UK in over 100 years.
Every store is open 7 days a week, and from 8am–8pm on weekdays. No need to book an appointment, just walk in at a time that is right for you.
We keep our products simple and we do the same for our rates and charges, so you’ll always know exactly what you’re getting. No more nasty surprises in the small print.
Kids matter at Metro Bank. Every year we help thousands of children take their first steps with money. We encourage them to save and count their coins using our Magic Money Machines and learn about budgeting with our financial education programme.