With solid business growth and an ever-expanding team of payment experts, Payvision is growing its Amsterdam Data Science Team by hiring a motivated Data Engineer to fuel our strong ambition of becoming one of the most innovative and data-driven payment processing companies in the world. Our ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of computer science fundamentals, software engineering, RDBMS and schema-less databases, and have experience working with Hadoop. You will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining our data pipeline and working with data scientists and business experts to deploy data-driven solutions so that Payvision remains at the cutting edge of the Payments industry.
• Take charge of our data pipeline end-to-end, from the researcher’s notebook to maintaining operational models
• Ingest data from various sources into Hadoop, and export to other environments and applications
• Perform ETL, and data quality checks
• Work with data scientists and business experts to implement and optimize data models
• Assist in the maintenance of the Hadoop cluster (security, configuration, tuning, operations)
• Troubleshoot challenging technical problems
• BSc. or higher qualification in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields;
• Minimum of 2 years work experience in a similar position;
• Strong skills in Linux bash/shell scripting, and Python/Scala/Java;
• Hands on experience ingesting and working with data in the Hadoop environment;
• Being familiar with Hortonworks Data Platform with Ambari, Ranger, Hive, Yarn, Sqoop, Oozie and Spark is considered an asset;
• Understanding of and desire to learn more about Payments/FinTech;
• Experience in the Windows environment;
• Strong understanding of algorithmic complexity;
• A curious, critical mind, with a pro-active learning attitude, and a hands-on mentality;
• Excellent communication and social skills, and an effective, collaborative team player;
• Flexible and easy going but with the desire to work hard and be challenged;
• Fluency in English.
• A challenging job in an informal but ambitious environment
• Small team, where personal development is highly valued
• Huge personal development opportunity in Big Data / Data Science skills
• Opportunity to gain experience in the FinTech/Payments/eCommerce industries which are innovative and becoming increasingly data-driven
• An office in the center of one of the world’s most vibrant cities: Amsterdam
• Work within a successful, dynamic and growing organization, with a matching company spirit
• Excellent primary and secondary remuneration conditions
Global Card Processing * Global Acquiring * Cross-border E-commerce * Payment Solutions Provider * Omnichannel
Awarded with "Best Acquirer' at MPE Berlin 2016 and with ‘Best Merchant Acquirer/Processor’ at the 2015 Payments Awards, Payvision is one of the fastest-growing global acquiring networks in the world. With over a decade of experience in the global payments market, Payvision has accrued vast knowledge of ecommerce payments processing. Payvision simplifies the complexity of cross-border ecommerce through a highly effective and secure transaction processing platform.
By offering banks, PSPs, ISOs and merchants one global acquiring platform, 24/7 support, 150+ transaction currencies, a high-end reporting interface and a solid risk management solution, Payvision strives to support its customers in expanding their geographical footprints and growing their business. Payvision’s presence in different international regions has resulted in a global network of acquiring banks, connecting over 300 trusted business partners with more than 5,000 web merchants worldwide.
Together with its daughter company, Acapture – a brand new, scalable, streamlined payment platform, Payvision combines the experience of an industry leader and the flexibility and speed of a start-up, supplying everything a merchant needs to support their growth ambitions. Next to that, by leveraging the innovative POS/mPOS technology of its partner, PayPlaza, Payvision’s clients now have access to a full suite of omnichannel tools behind one central interface and with unified reporting.
Payvision Group is headquartered in Amsterdam, with offices in New York, Utah, San Francisco, Madrid, London, Toronto, Singapore, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Macau and Auckland.