As a system engineer, you will play a key role in the IT DevOps team. You will be part of a team that runs the Payvision and Acapture ICT core infrastructure. Our core technologies are Microsoft, VMWare and IIS. You will have an excellent understanding of at least two areas. We’ve got a lot of other technology in place but you can pick that up on the job or with training as required. If you have experience in the fintech space it will be considered as a plus, but it’s not essential. We’re growing fast and you will enjoy making stuff happen with colleagues from across the world.
• Design, build, install, configure, test, implement, maintain, support & secure Operating Systems, hardware and software for production services.
• Quickly respond and effectively troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve routine, difficult and complex system errors/service outages with minimal downtime.
• Provide technical guidance to staff, e.g. troubleshooting techniques, usage, and instruction.
• Work with vendors to resolve software and hardware issues, determine appropriate architectures and configurations.
• Automate routine and repetitive tasks to streamline operations and create efficiencies.
• Write and maintain correct and complete documentation of system and software design, setup, configuration and use.
• Evaluate and recommend potential enterprise level equipment, components, tools and software based on current and future needs of the organization.
• Follow IT Operational policies and procedures; Perform work in accordance with best practices.
• Lead in the Development, implementation, testing and maintenance of server-level disaster recovery plans.
• Bachelor or Master degree in ICT (or similar)
• Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
• Solid scripting skills (e.g. , PowerShell, Perl, Ruby, Python)
• Experience with automation software (e.g. Puppet, Chef, cfengine, VCops)
• Experience with monitoring systems (e.g. Splunk, Nimsoft, Nagios)
• Experience with virtualization (VMware) and Cloud (e.g. AWS, Azure)
• Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows OS environments. (Linux is a plus)
• Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g. IIS, Tomcat, NGINX)
• Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows SQL Server
• A challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment
• Small teams where personal development is highly valued
• An office in one of the world’s most vibrant cities: Amsterdam
• Work within a successful, dynamic and growing organization with a matching company spirit
• Excellent primary and secondary remuneration conditions
Global Card Processing * Global Acquiring * Cross-border E-commerce * Payment Solutions Provider * Omnichannel
Awarded with "Best Acquirer' at MPE Berlin 2016 and with ‘Best Merchant Acquirer/Processor’ at the 2015 Payments Awards, Payvision is one of the fastest-growing global acquiring networks in the world. With over a decade of experience in the global payments market, Payvision has accrued vast knowledge of ecommerce payments processing. Payvision simplifies the complexity of cross-border ecommerce through a highly effective and secure transaction processing platform.
By offering banks, PSPs, ISOs and merchants one global acquiring platform, 24/7 support, 150+ transaction currencies, a high-end reporting interface and a solid risk management solution, Payvision strives to support its customers in expanding their geographical footprints and growing their business. Payvision’s presence in different international regions has resulted in a global network of acquiring banks, connecting over 300 trusted business partners with more than 5,000 web merchants worldwide.
Together with its daughter company, Acapture – a brand new, scalable, streamlined payment platform, Payvision combines the experience of an industry leader and the flexibility and speed of a start-up, supplying everything a merchant needs to support their growth ambitions. Next to that, by leveraging the innovative POS/mPOS technology of its partner, PayPlaza, Payvision’s clients now have access to a full suite of omnichannel tools behind one central interface and with unified reporting.
Payvision Group is headquartered in Amsterdam, with offices in New York, Utah, San Francisco, Madrid, London, Toronto, Singapore, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Macau and Auckland.