The Sr. Sales Engineer is internally and externally recognized as an expert on several assigned solutions in the Financial Services, Healthcare and Government markets. This individual has broad and detailed domain knowledge, functional and/or technical understanding of the solution capabilities and those of our competitors. Provides clear and concise messaging and communication, demonstrated ability to interact and is capable of building relationships in difficult circumstances with those clients and prospects who are looking to take on Applied Intelligence solutions.
The Sr. Sales Engineer typically reports to the Senior Director, Presales.
- Provides business and technical sales support for assigned sales opportunities. Collaborates with sales team to clearly communicate the following:
- Product capabilities
- Industry best practices
- Messaging with regards to competitor technology and specific advantages or weaknesses
- Understanding of client requirements
- Dynamically present and lead workshops and executive presentations to senior leaders the benefits, feature function and results of POC’s in a comprehensive and specific manner related to the goals and objectives of the sales engagement.
- Effectively influence stakeholders across the client organization; credible with both business and technical functions.
- Effective in assessing business problems and recommending solutions within core areas of knowledge.
- Works collaboratively with Product managers, Engineering, Customer Success or Account Executives, solicits input when/as required.
- Supports Account Executive in sales planning and execution of account based campaigns.
- Drives and responds to RFPs and RFIs as assigned.
- Provides business consultancy on high risk Pilots, including complex new propositions
- Able to review POC output for accuracy and customer applicability.
- Jointly working with Sales, able to lead sections of workshops and meetings.
- Adapt at overcoming client concerns and ensuring mutually beneficial outcomes from complex situations.
- Support/ensure license and services sales
- Helps to develop best practice in all aspects of PreSales
- Able to address client concerns during the sales cycle.
- Translates customer requirements into internal facing documentation for purpose of definition and estimations of requirements
- Ability to perform needs analysis & ROI analysis across multiple Solutions
- Commercial and legal awareness on contract terms and conditions
- Coordinate the production of hardware estimates for clients by DR SA’s and illicit required client inputs for such estimates
Skills and Experience:
- Working knowledge of the wider Subject Area (Fraud, Compliance, Intelligence etc) relevant to the solutions assigned.
- Knowledge of key competitors. Identifies and communicates competitor activity as known/researched within the industry. Understanding of key risks affecting a sale opportunity.
- Identifies important incidents and market events and evaluates their impact upon product solution set.
- Quick learning
- Confident speaker & strong presentation skills
- Very organized and able to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Passionate about how solutions deliver benefits to clients
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic project management
- Strong personal skills, able to build solid relationships with clients
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Statistics, Mathematics, Business or similar
- 5+ years of professional experience as a presales consultant or 5+ years of financial services technology experience
- Experience in Linux, Java and SQL a plus
- Experience with Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning or Data Visualization a plus